iPhone Cradle advice please

A

Azz1n

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a cradle for my iPhone 3g for my 2000 230 Kompressor (W208).

What I'd like is the nice sort of leathery looking 'support' type thing that goes on the left of the centre console, so that I can attach a cradle to that.

I'd like an active cradle that can be wired in so that it also charges the phone as well as holds it.

Any suggestions?

OP
A

Azz1n

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a cradle for my iPhone 3g for my 2000 230 Kompressor (W208).

What I'd like is the nice sort of leathery looking 'support' type thing that goes on the left of the centre console, so that I can attach a cradle to that.

I'd like an active cradle that can be wired in so that it also charges the phone as well as holds it.

Any suggestions?

Something like this:

newclk5do.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That is a CARK 91 for the Nokia phones I think what phone do you have,,as I have a few of those kits

OP
A

Azz1n

I do not think that the kits are made for them.

A gogle search brings up loads of choices

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/Car-...sfreeCarKits&gclid=CN3QnaOSoZwCFU0B4wodIT5AdA

Ok, thanks.

What I basically want is that leather type thing is the picture (I presume that's a genuine MB part?) and the ability to fit an iPhone 3G holder to it, but it looks like I may be out of luck. :(

[Edit] - Or maybe I could get one of these to fit the MB part: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/brodit-active-holder-with-tilt-swivel-apple-iphone-3gs-3g-p17896.htm ?

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What colour is your trim

OP
A

Azz1n

In a word, Yes.
You could buy an official MB one but personally I'd get one of these
http://shop.dashmount.co.uk/consoles/mercedes.asp

Thanks.

It looks like this is the one for my CLK:

191400_G.jpg

I'm wondering what the colour match would be like?

[Edit] - If I could also get the charging cable that comes out of the bottom of the phone hidden away neatly under the console, that would be even better (I'm thinking of getting a Parrot MKI9200 to handle bluetooth calls and music).

Last edited by a moderator:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I'm wondering what the colour match would be like?

[Edit] - If I could also get the charging cable that comes out of the bottom of the phone hidden away neatly under the console, that would be even better (I'm thinking of getting a Parrot MKI9200 to handle bluetooth calls and music).

Colour match should be pretty good.
I'd drill the mount and run the cable inside and through into the console. Even if that means cutting and jointing the cable. In theory you should be able to make the wires virtually invisible.

W1Z

Reaction score
If you are looking for a solution for the cradle part, I found this the other day which might be of interest:

THB Bury Apple iPhone 3G & 3Gs System 9

http://www.take-and-talk.co.uk/Bury...ging-Active-cradle-Holding-Plate-p-17009.html

The great thing about this cradle is that it supports both audio out and antenna in! That means you could run a 3.5mm jack to the glovebox aux in socket and if your car has a factory fitted external antenna for GPS and cellphone (which mine does) You'll get the benefit of increased reception for both.

I didn't really want my phone on display, but now there are some good SatNav solutions for the iPhone (Copilot and tomtom), it makes sense to have it on display, especially as I only have the CD based satnav (UK only) which is clunky and pretty rubbish really.

I have a Bluetooth adaptor already which handles the handsfree part of calling though the existing headunit but doesn't help with signal reception. If I can extend the antenna cable from the back of the armrest to the THB cradle (should be easy enough), I should get high quality music via aux in, better navigation from the iPhone with charging and increased phone/gps reception all in one. That'll just about make it worth while having the iPhone on display.

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Colour match was very good on my 210, I used to use Dashmount a lot and was very happy with quality.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom