Great service from MB

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
There are countless posts on here about they way some dealers handle rust problems. The majority are negative.
I have just collected my car from MB Bedford after having rusty wheel arches fixed and the service was excellent. Dropped the car off last Monday morning, courtesy car was ready. Had email this morning that my car was ready so drove over to pick it up. Oliver in the bodyshop went over the work that had been done to my car. No hassles, no headaches.
Wish all dealers handled the problems like MB Bedford do. A big thumbs up!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Wait until next Spring.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Nice to hear you got it sorted .What model year was the rust on they dealt with?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Very pleased for you,,I wish that everyone was as lucky

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
There are countless posts on here about they way some dealers handle rust problems. The majority are negative.
I have just collected my car from MB Bedford after having rusty wheel arches fixed and the service was excellent. Dropped the car off last Monday morning, courtesy car was ready. Had email this morning that my car was ready so drove over to pick it up. Oliver in the bodyshop went over the work that had been done to my car. No hassles, no headaches.
Wish all dealers handled the problems like MB Bedford do. A big thumbs up!

Glad to hear it. Similar happy posting re treatment of rust on the other main forum. Do you have full MBSH as this appears to be a requirement now for a 100% contribution under 'goodwill?

OP
eGuru

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
Glad to hear it. Similar happy posting re treatment of rust on the other main forum. Do you have full MBSH as this appears to be a requirement now for a 100% contribution under 'goodwill?

I have had a bad experience with local MB dealer so do not use them for servicing. Full history but not MB.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

If it's not already, I am sure it will become so. The dealer never inspected the W 202 I took to him with rust problems, it was authorized quickly and fixed without quibble, as recently as 2007.

From what other members have posted more recently, it seems that the world is now a harder place, and that full inspection of credentials is likely to precede any authorization.

The debate about the "8 year rule" also seems to vary with the telling. I am sure it is worth people's time to go back to the rules which applied at the time their car was made and ask for the case to be judged accordingly, not just on an informal recitation of, "It's more than 8 years mate"!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
If it's not already, I am sure it will become so. The dealer never inspected the W 202 I took to him with rust problems, it was authorized quickly and fixed without quibble, as recently as 2007.

From what other members have posted more recently, it seems that the world is now a harder place, and that full inspection of credentials is likely to precede any authorization.

The debate about the "8 year rule" also seems to vary with the telling. I am sure it is worth people's time to go back to the rules which applied at the time their car was made and ask for the case to be judged accordingly, not just on an informal recitation of, "It's more than 8 years mate"!

The rules are pretty clear and eight years is not one of them. There is cover for rust under the 3 year warranty. And cover for rust from the inside out (a rare thing) under MobiloLife for 30 years.

What most have benefited from -or not- is MB repairing rust as a 'goodwill' gesture on cars up to about eight years old. Some a tad older. But there are no legal rules to read or check on that as it is 'goodwill'.

For 'goodwill' contribution of 100% they accept cars up to about 175,000 miles, and if owned for more than 6 months. Until recently they accepted a partial MBSH but since about early June this seems to have become FullMBSH.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom