Is this a sad FACT re warranty repairs?

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
Hiya

My nephew who has an almost 3 year old 320 clk requires a warranty repair. (Auto box almost f/d up at 19k miles)

To the point, to add ivsult to injury, but that I mean the massive cost or changing oil is approx 570 quid = aka B Service :D

He was told that there woud be a £15 squid 'loan car charge, even if it as a warranty repair.
He said this started approx 2 months ago.

Does the above apply to all of the hard pressed MB dealers, as I intend to take mymachine in for a 'hesitation.'

I'm hoping to chang my W203, 07 plate Avtg next year for an Audi if this is true. I used to drive Audis up until approx 5 years ago and their build is much better, servicing cheaper

Cheers

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Not sure where your prices come from I had a service and ATF change for £444 at my previous main dealers or do you mean ATF change and a B service for £570?

Most dealers are charging something for loan cars for the insurance. My dealer collects and drops off my car.

Are you saying that you are going to change to an Audi because the Mercedes dealers charge £15 for a loan car?

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
To the point, to add ivsult to injury, but that I mean the massive cost or changing oil is approx 570 quid = aka B Service :D

I'm unaware of any warranty covering the cost of replacement oils etc tho myself and others I know(including main dealers) usually wave this charge.But check the warranty for the wording as it probably does state that service items are not covered by the warranty.

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sure where your prices come from I had a service and ATF change for £444 at my previous main dealers or do you mean ATF change and a B service for £570?

Most dealers are charging something for loan cars for the insurance. My dealer collects and drops off my car.

Are you saying that you are going to change to an Audi because the Mercedes dealers charge £15 for a loan car?

My main dealer is going to charge me appro 540- 560 squid for a stavard B service av i did not even ask them if they were ging to use Mobil one, as the car is still some 3k miles offf the B service. That dealer is in Dartford. I'm not sure if they charge but last year they woldhave charged if my ivsurvce was not used for the loav car, whilst mine went fora warranty repair. They pick p and drop off your car I think, they defo drop you off and pick you up.

Last year my previous W203, a 53 plate was touching 33k miles and due for an 'B' service - but they said that gear box oil required change as well = cost of apprx £880 if memory serves me corectly - but a lady on the phone told me not to worry 'as the car is over three years old, you are entitled to a 10% discoun.'t = lol. I had a Kwik-fit serive for about 15 quid and sold the car to another dealer and ot the 07 plate set last year.

I'm not sure if it's London/Kent deaers that charge more than those outside the M25?

I'm not seriously covsidering changivg my merc for an adui just for the ''15'' quid but Mercs are not the same as when my dad used to his.. It's a bit of a cheek to charge 15if the car reuires a warranty repair imo.

I may get the A5 - looks good, drives good, feels good, brill build.
:)

On the other hand may go for Range over Sport or a Jeep Grand Cherokee

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm unaware of any warranty covering the cost of replacement oils etc tho myself and others I know(including main dealers) usually wave this charge.But check the warranty for the wording as it probably does state that service items are not covered by the warranty.

Sorry, may have not been clear - my nephews car is going in because it appears the axel is f/d at the low miles. = warranty reapair

Last edited:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
On collecting my car last time I was asked if I would like to pay the courtesy car charge and I said "no thankyou", and the girl said "OK"!#

(My insurance covers it anyway, but she didn't ask that).

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On collecting my car last time I was asked if I would like to pay the courtesy car charge and I said "no thankyou", and the girl said "OK"!#

The 5 yeas I driven W23's, at one stage they asked for your own ins, but stoped that, but the 15 quid is a new thing.

When i take mine in for a warranty repair, it will be when the car i ready for the B serice - I wil negotiate over the phone, a standard service prce of approx 550, to inc Mobil1, no 15 quid and that specail wash and wax they do.

I will advise my nephew to say what you said, if he is asked that - lol.
Merc dealers are very har up, but their so-called 'sales executives' appear to be doing alright drving arounf C Class sports as perks.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs

When I booked mine in for it's last service I was told there was a £12 charge for a courtesy car, but when I collected my car they never charged me for it.

Russ

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Out of probably 10 visits I think I've been charged for the lan car maybe twice. Most of the time they forget to charge or else waive it.

On the cost side, there is no such thing as a service cost. Everyone is different. I rang up for mine last week. Based on the fact that the last service was an A, It will be a B. BUT, it needs an air filter, fuel filter and brake fluid, but as I had a combination filter lasttime I don't need one of those - so the quote was an appologetic £525.
My indie quoted me between 145-220 but I haven't told them about the 3 'extra' items plus I know I'm on borrowed time on the disks and pads. So I'm thinking they'll have a hard time getting under the 220 and if the brakes need doing I can double that. It all swings on what youneed and every car and service seem to differ on that point.
I have a circular here that lists dealer servicing from my local dealer at £273+ on a B for my 211 (oddly a 210 is £382+ for the same thing!!). I know full well that the very reasonable £273 doesn't include these 'extras'.
All you can do is ring around, but do negotiate. I've had substantial discounts just for asking. The old man had the price reduced on his rear brake pads last week by around 40%, just by playing the 'i'm a poor pensioner card (dealer). I had an original quote for my landrover reduced from £380 to £180 simply by quoting an indie's price back to them. If they want the business they will haggle.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Friend of mine negotiated 40% discount at Pentagon Southampton on both parts and Labour, tried to get him to go to MBS, but he wanted to keep Mobilio Life.
His local MB dealer is Chelsea, but as he had heard that the London Dealers were more expensive (apparently due to London waiting) and he was due a visit to me I suggested him to use Pentagons.

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UPDATE:

Just like a few guys here - nephew picked up his car Wednesday - no charge asked for.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom