W208 door seal falling off!

Ray_Elliott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320 SL380
Hi all,
I have a 2000 CLK320 which i have had for 6 months, i recently noted the drivers side door seal hanging off the bottom of the door. I fitted it back noting a lot of rust all along the edge :(
I have treated the rust and refitted the (very tight!) seal, although i still find it hanging off now and again with water sitting behind it:shock:
Is this a common problem? i am loath to stick the seal in because of recuring rust.
Any advice appreciated!
Many thanks :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Ray and welcome to the forum. Are the drain holes clear in the doors. I would clean off the rust and paint them, even on the inside, with a good paint the rust should not come back, and once the rugger is stuck back on they can be waxoiled

OP
R

Ray_Elliott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320 SL380
Thanks for the reply!
The drain holes are clear, so not sure how/why the water gets behind the seal and then stays there:confused:
I have cleaned and treated the seal now to try and prevent it from being pulled out.....

Regards
Ray

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for the reply!
The drain holes are clear, so not sure how/why the water gets behind the seal and then stays there:confused:
I have cleaned and treated the seal now to try and prevent it from being pulled out.....

Regards
Ray

some water is forced up into the bottom of the door when cornering and driving in the rain. providing that the rubber has a good overall contact,water should not be able to get between the rubber and the metal.

I would still wax oil it well and push it in well. it is very good for rubber

Top Bottom