MY Merc shows London polution worse than Scotland

Lordjellybelly

Reaction score
When I`ve washed and polished [Meguires] my silver E320 cab all it takes is a drive in London rain to show the muck in the water after it`s dried on. Just back from a week in the Highlands where it poured enough for Noah`s Ark to float. Had washed and polished before leaving but when I got back to London [before current rainy days] there was hardly a mark to show for the deluges. Today all I can see is grey/black splodges where the rain fell in the last day or two and evaporated on the bonnet and boot lid. If that`s in the rain what`s in the air??:(

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I dont entirely agree with you there. I live in London also, and my car normally looks the same after its rained. To the extent that you would not have guessed it had rained.

After washing is another story though, when I wash the car I have no choice but to wax it also as the water always dries with a white residue.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
We do have more traffic on roads in london which plays a big part in our cars getting dirty.

I will try explain, I live on a private road on the outskirts of west london where we dont get too many cars going across and I can leave my car for days before i can notice any marks but my work office is right next to M3 and even if it rain for few minutes, the dust flying around from the movement on motorway gets mixed with rain water drops which leaves marks on the car.

Whereas if it rains when my car is parked at home, i can hardly notice any marks.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
When I travel down to London I can see the pollution in the air and feel it as I breathe with a constant taste of pollution in my mouth especially in the city , so your experience doesn’t surprise me.
When up in Scotland the lovely fresh air in your lungs is very noticeable.
A total contrast and if you’re lucky to catch Scotland without the rain especially in the highlands it vies with anywhere in the world for scenery and ambience.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have to agree that you must have lived outside of London for some years before you can taste it on your return,,I can almost taste the difference between Sweden and England

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The pollution is why London has higher temperatures. It traps in warm air. I know after a visit, even though I'm normally only there for a few hours, I need a shower when I get back. Personally I'd rather be a degree or two colder.

madf

Reaction score
In some years high winds in the Sahara have resulted in rain leaving my car covered in a very fine sand.

What's in the atmosphere often depends on the prevailing winds and what happened in the region the wind blew over.

See Chernobyl.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
In some years high winds in the Sahara have resulted in rain leaving my car covered in a very fine sand.

What's in the atmosphere often depends on the prevailing winds and what happened in the region the wind blew over.

See Chernobyl.

You wanna try livin at the coast mines perminatly covered in sand!!!!!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom