Flash car cleaner thingy

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Quite a few years ago we bought one of those Flash car cleaner thingies where you have a filter in it that stops the limescale coming through and it worked really well.

We can still get new filters on eBay but now the 'O' ring on the actual thing itself has gone, I'm not very good at explaining myself I know, but I can't find anywhere that sells the actual unit.

I can't believe they have stopped making them when they seem to work so well. Does anyone know of any other way to wash your car without leaving all those awful water marks :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just fit a new O ring what size is it

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Just fit a new O ring what size is it

Well Malcolm apparently it's a totally obscure size. OH reckons he carries 1000's of 'O' rings at work and none of them are the right size so he may have to get one made for it, seems a bit daft to me :confused:

We are fine washing the merc with the awful hard water down here as silver doesn't seem to show the water marks so much, but the healey is a different story :eek:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well Malcolm apparently it's a totally obscure size. OH reckons he carries 1000's of 'O' rings at work and none of them are the right size so he may have to get one made for it, seems a bit daft to me :confused:

We are fine washing the merc with the awful hard water down here as silver doesn't seem to show the water marks so much, but the healey is a different story :eek:

Just let me know the size when he comes home,,I have a few laying around

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Quite a few years ago we bought one of those Flash car cleaner thingies where you have a filter in it that stops the lime scale coming through and it worked really well.

We can still get new filters on eBay but now the 'O' ring on the actual thing itself has gone, I'm not very good at explaining myself I know, but I can't find anywhere that sells the actual unit.

I can't believe they have stopped making them when they seem to work so well. Does anyone know of any other way to wash your car without leaving all those awful water marks :(

Hi Lyn.

I too bought one of these. I am equally incredulous that they have stopped making them. I even contacted Procter and Gamble at quite a senior level to ask why, and did not get a persuasive answer.

I have long since run out of the washing fluid and the filter cartridges are "spent", but I still use it with a different sort of shampoo. It continues to work well, both for the gun, which minimizes the amount of water used in washing, and the aerosol spray which still has a non staining/streaking effect.

I have taken to a final wipe round with a shammy (chamois?), but the net effect remains very positive.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Me thinks the clue was in the 'Brand' - Flash: 'here today gone tomorrow' or in some cases even quicker than that, there's an opener for you Alex;);):rolleyes:

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Me thinks the clue was in the 'Brand' - Flash: 'here today gone tomorrow' or in some cases even quicker than that, there's an opener for you Alex;);):rolleyes:

He doesnt need any encouragement Dosco !!!!!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Hi Lyn.

I have taken to a final wipe round with a shammy .

Was that Shammy (Shami) Chakrabarti of Liberty if so I do so hope you wrung her out afterwards:rolleyes:;:lol:

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
You could solve the problem by buying a water descaler/softner which prevents limescale fitted on your main water line just after the indoor stoptap.

Not only will this stop the limescale while washing your car but will give the whole house softer water protecting all household apliances eg boiler washing machine etc.

The electrostatic are the best option now with a simple installation no wire etc just plb into the pipework and he presto softer water.

Cost is about £15 and they last about 4 years effectively and can be purchased from any good plbs merchant or DIY shop or do a search on ebay and there are hundreds on there.

Hope this helps

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom