How long before we attack the sniper vans ?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
yes i hate being duped or conned, but yesterday i was in a convoy of cars comming through sanquhar, east ayrshire, scotland, bank holiday monday, and the local authoritie's sniper speed van was in a perfect location to guarantee any passing tourist cars would be "shot" as they left the miserable town.

yes as you left the town over the brow of a hill which was flanked by trees and fields, 100% rural, but 200 meteres from the unrestricted speed limit sign, tucked into a layby they stalked.

only the locals and people who applied the brakes all down the hill would avoid there trap. there were 6 cars in our convoy all doing circa 36 mph. this means 6 x £60 for the local council and 3 points for each tourist who has been in their country spending money ?

there was no warning sign, so this is blatent entrapment. this is a wide A road no safety issues whatsoever. i felt like they had picked my pocket and i cannot tell you what i felt like doing.

i do not have a problem with the roadside gatso or police cars chasing etc. as they slow you down and warn you prior to striking.but the sniper vans are 100% entrapment, only motorcycles can avoid them with not having a front number plate. several bikes passed us at high speed, but so what, this is about council funding, not safety.

why was the sniper van not located in the town ? where their activity could be justified ?

may be their friend gordan in westminster has told them to raise some funds from the english suckers or his own people as well, JUST GET THE MONEY IN.

i have e-mailed this posting to the scottish tourist board in london HQ. herbiemercman.

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
They can get bikes as they go by with the video camera that is forward facing.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
I have often wondered how long they'd put you away for if you fire bombed one of them and if the Sun newspaper ( < term used loosely) would mount a rescue mission.... :shock:

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hi blobcat, i did not know this ? as when the sniper vans are positioned on m/way bridges how can they hit your plate on the other side of the bridge / herbiemercman.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
hi blobcat, i did not know this ? as when the sniper vans are positioned on m/way bridges how can they hit your plate on the other side of the bridge / herbiemercman.
They will get you as you approach and have the video camera facing the other way to get your plate as you go past. They also use the video to prosecute motorists who wave at the vans with less than 3 fingers.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Would that apply if one only had two fingers ..

J

jon_harley

yes i hate being duped or conned, but yesterday i was in a convoy of cars comming through sanquhar, east ayrshire, scotland, bank holiday monday, and the local authoritie's sniper speed van was in a perfect location to guarantee any passing tourist cars would be "shot" as they left the miserable town.

As someone with a close relative in the British Army facing real snipers, likening law enforcement cameras to snipers is pretty ****** offensive. If your worst hardship is obeying the rules of the road, you don't know how cushy a life you've got.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
They will get you as you approach and have the video camera facing the other way to get your plate as you go past. They also use the video to prosecute motorists who wave at the vans with less than 3 fingers.

Could you use 2 fingers on one hand and 1 finger on the other?? ;) ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can understand why some folk tail gate,they cannot get your plate if you drive too close

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Yes Herbiemercman why use the word "Sniped".. Thats far to polite for those robbing ***tards..
Vultured is more like it..
Anyone know where I can get a Bazooka fitted to my car?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
If you see a trap its your civic duty to flash your lights at every motorist headed towards it. I know you can be done for "obstructing a police officer from his duties" or whatever daft title they give it. They hide in the trees in Helensburgh but you know if theres one by the precession of oncoming cars flashing their lights.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i had a copper try to do me for flashing my lights at a car, warning him of a speed check. the guy i flashed at was also a friend of mine. he had dropped his mother off at the darts match, and on his way back, saw me and pulled in for a chat, while this copper was reading the riot act to me. copper did feel silly when my mate said 'i didnt know your car til you flashed at me, its the first time ive seen it in daylight!'

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
If you see a trap its your civic duty to flash your lights at every motorist headed towards it. I know you can be done for "obstructing a police officer from his duties" or whatever daft title they give it. They hide in the trees in Helensburgh but you know if theres one by the precession of oncoming cars flashing their lights.

If you genuinely think that the approaching motorist is known to you,and were giving a friendly flash of your lights and a wave-you may well be innocent of any charge-allegedly :)
EDIT-you got in before me turbopete-sorry.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
i had a copper try to do me for flashing my lights at a car, warning him of a speed check. the guy i flashed at was also a friend of mine. he had dropped his mother off at the darts match, and on his way back, saw me and pulled in for a chat, while this copper was reading the riot act to me. copper did feel silly when my mate said 'i didnt know your car til you flashed at me, its the first time ive seen it in daylight!'

Just tell them you knew the fella. I inadvertedly flashed a cop van and the guy glowered at me, but I turned off into the next street and if he had turned and followed, I'd have lost him in the web of a modern housing estate.

They have to prove you were flashing to alert of a trap, I could say I thought it was my mate, Alec the builder who has a very similar van. OOps.

lulu

Reaction score
I believe they classify it as perverting the course of justice.

Would they take the same view if you stopped your mate in the pub from driving home because he'd had one too many?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I believe they classify it as perverting the course of justice.

Would they take the same view if you stopped your mate in the pub from driving home because he'd had one too many?

But flashing is an offence in itself

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.

Oops! :Oops:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom