Mercedes E220CDI - stolen recovered no keyss

carlsbergy

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to purchase the above car (58 plate) which is stolen recovered, any idea how much it would cost to get new key coded as the car has no keys? Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This can be painful,,but can be done. The keys will come coded for the car at £200 each. The problem is that MB will need to see the V5 log book and some ID from you,,in some cases they ask to see the car.

I would go to your local MB dealer and tell them now what you are planning to do, and see what they say

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Given it has no keys that means you'd need to spend £200 before you could start or drive it. Given that no test would be possible, how sure are you that it's 100%?
I'd ring the previous owner (from the V5) and see if they have the old spare key. Assuming the original was nicked when the car was pinched, there's no reason why the previous owner wouldn't still have the other and be willing to hand it to you.
Assuming you do get it sorted, get Merc to deactivate the other yey - after all, there's a scally walking around with a key for the car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Given it has no keys that means you'd need to spend £200 before you could start or drive it. Given that no test would be possible, how sure are you that it's 100%?
I'd ring the previous owner (from the V5) and see if they have the old spare key. Assuming the original was nicked when the car was pinched, there's no reason why the previous owner wouldn't still have the other and be willing to hand it to you.
Assuming you do get it sorted, get Merc to deactivate the other yey - after all, there's a scally walking around with a key for the car.
It might be the insurance company that has the keys as they generally request all keys when a vehicle is stolen. No idea what they do with them (lose them most likely...)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It might be the insurance company that has the keys as they generally request all keys when a vehicle is stolen. No idea what they do with them (lose them most likely...)

Sell them on Ebay :D:D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom