Buying My First Merc.....Help please

malty123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi sport 2011
I'm just aboiut to buy a 320 sl 1996 p reg with 85000 on the clock FSH
it's silver with black leather and all round nice condition.

its got a problem with roll bar warning light being on....I've got a bit of info from the tech pages to try and fix this, but i guess worst case will be about a £1000 to put it right...

Baring this in mind, what sort of cash should i be parting with for a vehicle like this from a private sale?

What other things should i look for before i part with my hard earned?

thanks in advance

Paul

OP
M

malty123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi sport 2011
Also this will be a second car so can anyone reccomend a insurance company that will do a limited mileage policy at a lower cost?

thanks again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I will see what else i have on this

merc7

Reaction score
Also this will be a second car so can anyone reccomend a insurance company that will do a limited mileage policy at a lower cost?

thanks again
Hi Paul i am on my preliminary stages to acquire sl too, always wanted one ,i think iam leaning to wards the 500 sl (R129),i had a conversation with one owner similar position(second car to him) he said paying £400 for insurance,however i have seen someone on piston heads saying it is costing him £132 for 5k miles/year.I have seen a mentioned in this forum of insurance companies will insure you for the same policy since you car only drive one car a time,good luck and keep us posted;)

OP
M

malty123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi sport 2011
Hi Paul i am on my preliminary stages to acquire sl too, always wanted one ,i think iam leaning to wards the 500 sl (R129),i had a conversation with one owner similar position(second car to him) he said paying £400 for insurance,however i have seen someone on piston heads saying it is costing him £132 for 5k miles/year.I have seen a mentioned in this forum of insurance companies will insure you for the same policy since you car only drive one car a time,good luck and keep us posted;)

I too saw an advert on e-bay with someone claiming to insure their 300sl for sub £200 on a limited milage policy...

I'll keep looking and post accordingly

wakefield

Reaction score

thanks again

Hi

I found Adrian Flux to be very good when insuring my wife's Jaguar XJ40 on a limited mileage policy. They were around half the price of the other quotes I received and you could choose from various mileage limits to suit.

It might also be worth looking at companies who offer multi-car policies, such as Admiral, as again I have found this to be a cost-effective method in circumstances such as yours.

Good luck.

OP
M

malty123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi sport 2011
OK, thanks for the advice, I got my insurance from Adrian Flux, £280 fully comp, with uk and european breakdown insurance included...bargain...

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
'Adrian Flux '
They used to advertise heavily in various Land Rover magazines as being the best people to insure your 4X4 with. So I gave them a call. Wanted to load premium if there was to be any off road use !!!

OP
M

malty123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi sport 2011
wont be offroading in my SL:D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom