camera detectors

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
anyone got one/ any experience of them? which is better, road angl or snooper? what features do we need to look for? ie will they pick up mobile camera's, radar guns (hairdryers as many know them) and the cameras in the marked (and some unmarked) patrol cars etc? curiousity (and thinking of getting one) makes me wonder which are best

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I have only ever used static databases, like pocketgpsworld, tomtom etc for my camera guidance. I think with all the different systems out there, active detectors can give you a false sence of security, and I think many of them are illegal. where as static POI are not

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Cars they will never pick up,,mobiles yes if you have the head in the grill not much to chose with the road Angel or Snooper, they all cover the data bases

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Wife in passenger seat ..... shouting, "slow down ....... f*%^*" safety camera van" ................. works well !!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wife in passenger seat ..... shouting, "slow down ....... f*%^*" safety camera van" ................. works well !!

I do not have an accessory like that,,are they expensive

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
Might be an idea to have a poke nose around 'pocketgpsworld'..i've done that by memory but it should google up ok.

You can join that site and get more reasonably priced downloads for updates than from some of the big manufacturing names.

The most important requirement is mobile van sites...one of the big names didn't offer these until fairly recently, buy and research carefully.

In practice detectors are of no use, the real dangerous tool is the laser gun, and with only a tiny amount of scatter getting any warning before he zooms in on you is highly unlikely, once he's zapped you from up to a mile away the deed is done.

Some people use a laser diffuser to cause an error on the gun...these are highly illegal and those that have been caught get stiff sentences, and the powers that be do find the offenders.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hand held guns,,must focus on the only vertical surface on the car,, that is the number plate, this also means that they can be read at the same time, if you are going to have a add on warning pick up it will only work when placed near the number plate

Eyeore

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate
And as laser is only emitted when aimed at the plate, all it does is tell when you've already been zapped. :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And as laser is only emitted when aimed at the plate, all it does is tell when you've already been zapped. :lol:

Better though knowing at the time, rather than waiting for the brown envelope in the post:D

You do have some milli seconds to slow down once the bleeper goes off.

The best one is the one that is a garage door opener, that blocks it,,and sold on the Adam Blair website

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
quote...and far too expensive for me!

Tell you something else about them - STAR will not sort 'em out so forget going down to your friendly Indie:lol:

OP
turbopete

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Tell you something else about them - STAR will not sort 'em out so forget going down to your friendly Indie:lol:

bugger! only indie near me aint that friendly! wont give any advice at all! i get more info from stealers than the local indie!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom