Has anyone used 'Add on' window closers to a SLK?

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
The SLK (1999) does not seem to have the facility to close the windows automatically, when you use the remote to lock the car, if they left open. I find this strange as my 1992 230TE has this. Anyway, has anyone used 'Add on' window closers to a SLK? Are they easy to fit? Do they work? **Also could this be used to also close the covertable roof??
Brian

Last edited:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
have you tried to keep your key fob pointed at the door lock and keep the button pressed, in either open or closed setting?

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
The SLK (1999) does not seem to have the facility to close the windows automatically, when you use the remote to lock the car, if they left open. I find this strange as my 1992 230TE has this. Anyway, has anyone used 'Add on' window closers to a SLK? Are they easy to fit? Do they work? **Also could this be used to also close the covertable roof??
Brian

There are a couple of proprietary retrofit systems giving the facility to raise and lower the roof on the key 'plip'. One of these does also give separate control of the windows via the plip.

See this thread for more info.

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
have you tried to keep your key fob pointed at the door lock and keep the button pressed, in either open or closed setting?

Yes tried that, makes no difference. I was told in another thread, that this facility is not on the SLK.
Brian

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom