I demolished a wall

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Yep, pulling out of the office car park I hit the dummy wall next to the entrance.

The plastic undercasing around the sill is cracked and scrapped, scrapes on the front wing panel aren't down to the metal, but there is a small scrape down to the metal on the door. It looks messy and scruffy though. Still the wall came off worse and its all over the car park

Apart from feeling like a complete buffoon does anyone know the likely implications for a car with nano paint? I guess a wee touch up on the wing and door is all thats needed (no dents ) but how easy will this be able to achieve with the paint finish on my car.

It really hasn't been my month out on the roads has it :Oops::shock:

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
In addition to the repairs to the car, are you not concerned that your employer will clam your insurance for the repair to the wall thereby affecting your no claims?

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
In addition to the repairs to the car, are you not concerned that your employer will clam your insurance for the repair to the wall thereby affecting your no claims?

Nope. Boss said "not to worry" and they'll pick up the tab. If they don't, I'll fix it at my own expense as £100 all in for the wall is less than the excess.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212
Nope. Boss said "not to worry" and they'll pick up the tab. If they don't, I'll fix it at my own expense as £100 all in for the wall is less than the excess.

One less thing to worry about.

From the description of the damage it sounds like the plastic moulding will need replaced and usually a repair shop respray the entire wing and door for a professional finish. Best get a few quotes.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Still the wall came off worse and its all over the car park

It really hasn't been my month out on the roads has it :Oops::shock:

Well Stephen, if your going to do a job, do it properly - sounds like you did.

Let he or she who has never done anything silly like this be the first to criticize (with apologies to JC, John 8:7).

They do say that things come in runs of three. Have you had a third mishap, or is there still one waiting for you?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry to here that,,we need some photos before one can say.

The going up the wall is only a saying and not to be taken literally

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Tough luck Steve, at least your OK and the car needs minimal repairs

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Well Stephen, if your going to do a job, do it properly - sounds like you did.

Let he or she who has never done anything silly like this be the first to criticize (with apologies to JC, John 8:7).

They do say that things come in runs of three. Have you had a third mishap, or is there still one waiting for you?

Nope, and I am bothered as you are right bad things come in threes. Next one might not be so light hearted.
The wall is proper minced, didn't think the force of impact would mash it all over the entrance to the building.

It "gave way". Perhaps if it hadn't I'd be looking at a more seriously damaged car.

If it were caught on CCTV it would be doing the rounds as an email, so bad its funny (for someone to watch).

Back on topic I do need to find a decent repairer in Glasgow/West Scotland to touch up my pride and joys body work.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Sorry to here that,,we need some photos before one can say.

The going up the wall is only a saying and not to be taken literally

Will do, polished a lot out but only got phone camera :(

Will take pictures of the red brick victim hahaha.

Remind me not to borrow anyones car at a meet :Oops:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The car cannot be refinished in Nano paint for it would all melt at the 600c paint firing temp, but you will not notice hopefully, at least its an easy colour to work with.

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.

Still a daft thing to do, and that's without casting the first stone.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
The car cannot be refinished in Nano paint for it would all melt at the 600c paint firing temp, but you will not notice hopefully, at least its an easy colour to work with.

I feared this Malcolm. To be fair its a car thats had a hard life with quite a few minor chips and additional paint on the rear but I cannot ignore this. Will phone my indie tomorrow to get recommendations of who to use.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I feared this Malcolm. To be fair its a car thats had a hard life with quite a few minor chips and additional paint on the rear but I cannot ignore this. Will phone my indie tomorrow to get recommendations of who to use.

I should not say this here,, with a small body shop,,just say cash and no bill,,how much please,,

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I should not say this here,, with a small body shop,,just say cash and no bill,,how much please,,

you said what many people were probably thinking Malcolm. And many people ask the same question each day!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
you said what many people were probably thinking Malcolm. And many people ask the same question each day!

It provides the pocket money for my local guy;)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
It provides the pocket money for my local guy;)

and a good number of others, believe me! there are a few that i know of around here, and ive only lived here a few years and do all my own work, where possible, as we know

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Do you think any of us would offer after that?

No, which is a shame and you have been warned. I've had the pleasure of driving A R107, E320cdi, and S500L at meets and been paranoid I damage one of them as they aren't mine.

Let me guess, you buck the trend of never scraping a car. If so you can drive mine any time you want :cool:

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
This isn't just repairs, these will be exbenzive repairs. To be honest I doubt this will be under £100 to put right which is awful.

I think you can double that estimate and that is without seeing the photos.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom