newbie needs advice please

loztiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180ksport coupe 03
hi guys, im new here so hope im posting inthe right place,
wanted to ask your expert advice.

I just bought a 03 c180 sport coupe. i made the fatal error however or buyng from car craft.

that aside, the car has several faults, and i was wondering if they were the known recall faults and had nt been sorted by previous owner, tha faults are-

amber engine management light comes on, CC said it is a hole in the air intake pipe causing it to use a petrol rich formula, but i was wondering if it could be the "limp home"recall, as itis an intermittent fault.

secondly intermittently the red SRS symbol comes up and the computer displays says restraint system service, could ths be the seatbelt fail to engage recall?

if ou think that it could be the recall would mercedes fix for free as i dont trust carcrafts technicicans at all.

thanks in advance for any advice guys.

laura

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here but Carcraft have an "Obligation" to fix ALL faults under the sale of goods act

I.E the vehicle is "NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED"

Therefore it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that all recalls have been carried out PRIOR to you purchasing the Car & MUST inform you of such at the point of Sale

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome laura :D:D the SRS is a known fault and not a re call as far as I know,,usually a lose wire in the connector under the passenger seat on in the seat belt buckle.

If the engine warning lamp comes on, this could be any thing from the MAG to an O2 sensor and the car will need to go onto STAR where you will get to know what it is

A

andy@pcd-ltd

How long ago did you buy the car from them as you are well within your rights to take it back to them as it must of come with some sort of warranty even if it was only for three months.
The other thing is talk to them and if they are not willing to repair it would they be will for you to take it to a dealer or independant and let them look at it and cover the costs for it.

It maybe that they have not got the technology or skill to diagnose or repair the car

OP
L

loztiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180ksport coupe 03
carcraft have offered to let me leave the car there indefinetley until the SRS fault is caught by them ( this could take any amount of time as it is intermittent. and they dont have the time to drive it about to replicate, although one rep suggestedi allow him to use it for his own vehicle to replicate the fault the cheeky so and so,

i have rejected the vehichle and am trying to get the finance cancelled as it was bought on saturday nd the finance isnt through yet.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Fair comment,, the car clearly was not given any kind of test or run to see what was what

OP
L

loztiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180ksport coupe 03
hi malcolm, my dad is on this forum too and said you would be able to help, hi!

i dont trust carcraft tofixit , any rough idea what i would cost to fix at mercedes?

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
hi malcolm, my dad is on this forum too and said you would be able to help, hi!

i dont trust carcraft tofixit , any rough idea what i would cost to fix at mercedes?

If your Dad is either Simonurs or Alex Grieve....................I'm OFF!!!:lol::lol::lol:

A

andy@pcd-ltd

If it is the pipe behind the kompressor it will be about 3-4 hours labour plus the parts and the pipe isnt that exensive

As for the seat i think the repair would be about 1-2 hours to do and the new plug to solder in would be about £15

But it is best to get it properly diagnosed before you even think about costs as it could be something completly different and be only a few pounds tho fix.

What area are you in

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
The seat belt anchors are actually not expensive..£27 for the fronts and £35 for the rears..the rears have a charge fitted which tightens the belts in an accident...Personally I would walk away from this car, you can check if the rears have gone off, if they are pulled down into the seat cushion they need replacing.. they should be sitting up with the black stalk showing.. ...

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
The seat belt anchors are actually not expensive..£27 for the fronts and £35 for the rears..the rears have a charge fitted which tightens the belts in an accident...Personally I would walk away from this car, you can check if the rears have gone off, if they are pulled down into the seat cushion they need replacing.. they should be sitting up with the black stalk showing.. ...

I think I'm going down the same road as Xtractorfan here

WALK AWAY pet & WALK AWAY NOW

If its got THAT much wrong NOW think what it'll be like with another few Thousand miles on it

MONEY PIT MONEY PIT

OP
L

loztiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180ksport coupe 03
im in newcastle.

thaks for the advice.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yea just to reiterate.. if the dealer knew the car had these faults then he would have had them repaired before selling the car...

OP
L

loztiggy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180ksport coupe 03
apparently carcraft are good for selling faulty cars hoping you wont notice, just wish id researched before instread of after.!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom