red tape dontcha love it?

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
kia cerato, sorry, but will be a mercedes
was all booked to see a clk involving a flight one way to n, ireland , ferry paid by the dealer on my way home, cant fly after booking it cause i dont have any photo id, ie, old driving ticket, and no passport, lost the flight costs and the car looks like, ive got id falling out of my ears to say who i am , apparently im not trustworthy anymore lol, :mad:

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
woooohoooooo theyre gonna let me fly,:D using my old passport as id, picking up the car on fri all being well, and a nice 3 hr drive home to get used to an auto:lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thank for posting back :D:D your post upset me too much yesterday to reply

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ty television, littlebrooklyn, hopefully ill have some pics of it on sat and be able to comment on my auto driving experiences lol, its gonna be a challenge
thanks again, george,

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that your new "Wheels" will come with a NI plate

if so well done on blaggin a free dateless number for your car

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
heya hooded claw yes it does but im transfering my own plate onto it, before i sell the ahem, kia, more paperwork lol

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
heya hooded claw yes it does but im transfering my own plate onto it, before i sell the ahem, kia, more paperwork lol

DON'T get rid of the NI plate!!!.....Get the car registered in your name then put the NI plate into "Retention"....Transfer YOUR plate to the car then put the NI plate for auction on summott like "New Reg" ect

NI plates are going for a couple of hundred quid at the moment.........

Yeah I know it ONLY £200 / £300 but it'll go towards yer first service or perhaps some nice Alloys!!!!!!

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ahhh didnt think off that, well done sir, so you dont lke the alloys thats already on it ? lol, not too sure about them myself but i am getting the original wheels as well

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
ty television, littlebrooklyn, hopefully ill have some pics of it on sat and be able to comment on my auto driving experiences lol, its gonna be a challenge
thanks again, george,

Once you are used to driving an automatic you will never want to drive a manual again. Just pretend you have 'lost' your left leg and you can't go wrong :p

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Once you are used to driving an automatic you will never want to drive a manual again. Just pretend you have 'lost' your left leg and you can't go wrong :p

And when you put "cruise" on it's NO LEGS & only three fingers of yer right hand

Marie (The missus) was scared to death of my Auto until she had to pick it up from Blackpool (About 5 miles away) All I got after that was .......Ohhhhh!!!! Ohhhhhhh!!! when can we afford to buy me an Auto ?????

The only thing to remember is Auto's "Creep" when in traffic jams either pop it in "N" or keep yer foot on the brake!!!

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yes, folks have told me i wont go back to a manual box after driving and getting used to an auto, thanks for the tips, hope its not like learning to drive again, with keeping the number plate and selling the wheels, id get a fair bit back on the outlay cost of the car maybe, or does that sound too scottish?:lol:

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
And when you put "cruise" on it's NO LEGS & only three fingers of yer right hand

Marie (The missus) was scared to death of my Auto until she had to pick it up from Blackpool (About 5 miles away) All I got after that was .......Ohhhhh!!!! Ohhhhhhh!!! when can we afford to buy me an Auto ?????

The only thing to remember is Auto's "Creep" when in traffic jams either pop it in "N" or keep yer foot on the brake!!!

Yes they do creep, I always keep my foot on the brake. The good though is that you can be sitting in a queue of traffic on a hill and you won't go backwards. I failed my first driving test because I went backwards on a hill start and hill starts have always made me anxious ever since :Oops:

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
yes, folks have told me i wont go back to a manual box after driving and getting used to an auto, thanks for the tips, hope its not like learning to drive again, with keeping the number plate and selling the wheels, id get a fair bit back on the outlay cost of the car maybe, or does that sound too scottish?:lol:

This will make you laugh ....................& You'll catch yerself doing it as well..................for the first few weeks you will CONSTANTLY reach for the Gearstick & then realise " WOT A PLONKER" & then you'll remember THIS post

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
This will make you laugh ....................& You'll catch yerself doing it as well..................for the first few weeks you will CONSTANTLY reach for the Gearstick & then realise " WOT A PLONKER" & then you'll remember THIS post

Yep,,, I'll confess - that's exactly what I did a few times when I first got the auto. I noticed mainly on hills when there was an almost conscious need to change down. Soon get over that though and, interestingly, I can go from mine to the missus' manual and back with no bother now.

Dave

m99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220,AMG pack,command,Lux Pack,Tel wired blue tooth,full leather heated seats,paddle change,and lot
Red face

Yep,,, I'll confess - that's exactly what I did a few times when I first got the auto. I noticed mainly on hills when there was an almost conscious need to change down. Soon get over that though and, interestingly, I can go from mine to the missus' manual and back with no bother now.

Dave

We had 2 autos,now the better half as gone back to a manual,took it out the other night,stalled it at the top of the road,:Oops:Didnt tell her when i got back.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)

i still do this now! only had the car 16 months! never had a problem about not using my left leg, always the hand wanting something to do! id go back to manual without hesitation!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes they do creep, I always keep my foot on the brake. The good though is that you can be sitting in a queue of traffic on a hill and you won't go backwards. I failed my first driving test because I went backwards on a hill start and hill starts have always made me anxious ever since :Oops:

Do not forget that you can only guarantee that the car will not roll back is when W is selected, in S it can

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W? S? Cruise control? Someone must have broken into my car and stolen all of those from my auto 'box!!!

I am not sure if you have a sprag clutch in yours John

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom