Multifunction display W211 E320Cdi 2003

sachkhund

Reaction score
Hi, my multifunction speedometer display on my E320 Cdi 2003 seems to turn brighter when I switch the engine on.
Can not see anything on the screen as engine runs,it seems that the multifunction display is getting more voltage.

Does any one know about this problem, or what can I do to rectify.

Regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you have a dud cell on the battery,,then maybe the voltage is too low, hence the difference.

You could measure both batteries before you start the car, and they should both have 12.5 volts on them

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Bad alternator regulator? Try measuring the battery voltage with the engine running and post your results

OP
S

sachkhund

Reaction score
Hi, I have also noticed that my multifunction cluster lights do not come on at night, any ideas?
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When you say malfunction lights,,do you mean the tell tail lamps. With all of these things the power supply,in this case the battery does need to be known,, the difference between the standing voltage and running voltage should be no more than 1.5 to 2.0 volts, without knowing this it makes diagnosis impossible

OP
S

sachkhund

Reaction score
When you say malfunction lights,,do you mean the tell tail lamps. With all of these things the power supply,in this case the battery does need to be known,, the difference between the standing voltage and running voltage should be no more than 1.5 to 2.0 volts, without knowing this it makes diagnosis impossible

The voltage at standstill is 11.91 volts, with engine running 13.70 volts
Difference of 1.79 volts.

Multifunctions lights are the small lights that make it possible for driver to see the speed, rev meter, clock, etc.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the feed backI wil see if I can find something this evening. Could iit be that you have turned down the dash dimmer for the lamps at night

OP
S

sachkhund

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed backI wil see if I can find something this evening. Could iit be that you have turned down the dash dimmer for the lamps at night

I have checked the dimmer knob, and the fuses.

OP
S

sachkhund

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments, however the problem has sorted it self out.
Thanks

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom