Fuel Saving Remaps

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
:)

... but thats just it, its flat, the fallacy lies in thinking the line abrubtly ends with 90' turns.... if the world was indeed a line taken to infinity, thereby creating a circle, there would be no edges :rolleyes:

Or,

The line at infinity itself meets itself at its two endpoints (which are therefore not endpoints at all) and so it is actually cyclical not circular :cool:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
so, in essence, what we are saying

is that Armstrong and Aldrin didn't land on the moon, but shot the whole thing on a
near-infinite back-lot at Universal. Was the lunar rover chippped?
What does that do to Gagarin's first space flight?
I feel the framework crumbling beneath my feet as I think.

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55, Phaeton, Fireblade CBR1000RR
While Mike Collins was suspended above them on the end of a giant crane and wrote a book about it later, called 'Carrying the Liar'.

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Yes it has been done ............. but posting up the findings are futile ............. some people still won't be happy ........... (not that anyone gives a tosh) ............ something about an ISO 9000 & something number for the test ...............

It's a good job the earth has been proved round by shooting up satalites ........ The cavemen, Romans, and Aztecs were pretty damn sure it was flat !!

Could you PM them to me then? :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well at least this very interesting thread has not gone flat,,but it does have a tendency to go round and round, with a few members falling off when it goes flat

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
well if the earth is round and hell is down there does that mean australia is actually hell...and all the dead good people from australia who go to heaven come here.. I wonder does the bnp know about this ..

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Given this serious discussion perhaps we should invite the Flat Earth Soc to an ecumenical GTG. Perhaps in Norfolk? There may be a flat tendency at the fringes of the MClub but on the other hand, maybe some of the FEs with Mercedes are already harbouring thoughts about roundness...

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I love the 2 last sections that they have

Complete Nonsense

It's finally here. If you have something to say that doesn't fit into any other the other forums and doesn't make any sense and probably doesn't need to be said, this is the place to do it. Also, every day is Christmas here.

Angry Ranting
If you're planning on posting a message insulting us but don't want to bother with any thought or content, please do it in here.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Thought for the day:: If in 1969 the yanks did go to the moon why 40 years later has no elese been there or why have they not been back. I know aproximatley what my MPG is. Does this help?

Last edited:

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Thought for the day:: If in 1969 the yanks did go to the moon why 40 years later has no elese been there or why have they not been back. I know aproximatley what my MPG is. Does this help?

A Ford Mondeo estate was sold at auction last week with 536,000 miles on the clock. It was claimed that it had been to the moon and back, as well as driving twice around the world. :smile:

Russ

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
#1 they went back several times, once with an aborted mission because tom hanks was in charge. after fulfilling the american dream of driving on the moon, playing golf on the moon, placing the stars and stripes on the moon and most bizarrely of all - walking on the moon (odd that they should go so far to learn to do this!) they got 'kinda bored houston' and came home to the oil crisis and a fading 'red peril', and so got on with a bit more globalisation and computers and stuff.

#2 no-one else has been there because it was and is an utterly utterly POINTLESS waste of time, money, money and even more money!!!! i am sure however you all know this - mind you, considering the utter disregard for fact based theory and evidence based conclusions here i may just assume too much...

psmart

Reaction score
... considering the utter disregard for fact based theory and evidence based conclusions here i may just assume too much...
Wow, you have just invented a new reality... one where Theory is indeed fact and fact is indeed conclusive irrespective of how the fact was manufactured :confused:

Everything is open to question, even so called factual reality.... only a closed mind believes as its too tired or limited to question :rolleyes:

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
FACT. there is a horizon that is further away the higher your vantage point, ships masts being seen before the hull is a giveaway.

THEORY. errrr, the earth is round?

is it really that hard psmart? did you REALLY not understand that? tell me you did, please.

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The flat earth debate reminds me of a splendidly apocryphal remark made by the chairman of a large French company to their new English CEO. After the Englishman had put forward his closely argued proposals for turning around their loss-making organisation, the chairman said, "Well, you've told us how it works in practice. But what we don't understand is, how will it work in theory?

Perhaps Flat Earthers are clever controversialists who, say, like Trekkies enjoy creating their own separate universe and testing out ideas.

We probably have some on this site too :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I know that the earth is round as when I go to Scotland it is uphill all the way, and downhill on the return trip, and the cars fuel system shows this

psmart

Reaction score
Well I know that the earth is round as when I go to Scotland it is uphill all the way, and downhill on the return trip, and the cars fuel system shows this
Yes, but the ML gets a lot higher mpg in the Alps going up and down 1-2000metres than in flat England!

A/P .... what I believe and dont believe is immaterial, the ability to challenge and think and adapt ones ideas is paramount. Bringing up FE on a comment made by *Thumper is such a challenge, the consensus is that the earth is round, I too believe (in-so-much as I remain open to the idea that this could be wrong) this. Straight line theory presents a challenge to this notion and its healthy to debate.

The day I stop questioning and challenging what Ive learnt and believe will be when Im 6 foot under.... but then one could argue that you never go 6 foot under, but move onto the next plane of existence, so you continue to think and challenge....... now what about that pint... Im thirsty ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The day I stop questioning and challenging what Ive learnt and believe will be when Im 6 foot under.... but then one could argue that you never go 6 foot under, but move onto the next plane of existence, so you continue to think and challenge....... now what about that pint... Im thirsty ;)

But no one has done any experiments to see if you would be better off burried just 3 feet under or 50 feet

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
psmart, i agree wholeheartedly that one ought never to believe anything totally, nor should anyone disbelieve anything totally (excepting of course the 15% improved mpg remap fallacy). mine's a real ale - cheers :D.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom