Fuel Saving Remaps

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
psmart, i agree wholeheartedly that one ought never to believe anything totally, nor should anyone disbelieve anything totally (excepting of course the 15% improved mpg remap fallacy). mine's a real ale - cheers :D.

Hang on,, if I chip mine I will get a worse economy, and have to use more expensive petrol as well,,cant we have a thread for those rhat would be 15% worse off:(:(

psmart

Reaction score
:idea: There is another way of thinking about this...

take the O/P original wording:-

We offer diesel economy remaps on most vehicles with an average 15% saving.

...also take the fact that he drives to you to do the installation... saving you fuel... now with a little maths, it could be that you are saved 15% by not having to drive 'cross country ... which in turn means all actual savings you encounter whilst driving your modified vehicle are a bonus :rolleyes:

I still believe though, I am a believer who dares to believe that a remap can gain you fuel savings, just a damned shame I dont have a suitable test vehicle at the moment..... now where's my little white jacket, a spanner and notepad.... time to test the free remap theory by scientific methods of brim to brim fill up :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What's remapping all about then? :roll:

Pleased that you asked :D its a way of increasing the engine output, and the bonus is you can save up to 15% on fuel

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55, Phaeton, Fireblade CBR1000RR
While we're at it, what about atomic fusion? With Harwell's ZETA, Culham's JET, MAST and the international ITER projects the future is in the doughnut. Or possibly the Spherical Tokamak, with fries.

Why Flat or Round? It's the doughnut that is our future.

Pass me the cigar-shaped object. And matches :)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
time to test the free remap theory by scientific methods of brim to brim fill up :rolleyes:

I can't believe no one has thought of doing that up till now? :idea::rolleyes:

Russ

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I can't believe no one has thought of doing that up till now? :idea::rolleyes:

Russ

WOW - brim-to-brim fillups. I doubt that ANYONE has ever thought of that before :roll:

If you then divide the mileage since the last brim fill-up by the fuel you have used. It would (possibly) give you the mpg your car has done.

Marvellous..!!

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
no need!! don't the displays on modern mercedes show mpg?? it ought to be easy to do a before and after just by the dash. i suggest sitting at 70mph for 10 miles od the same motorway, same direction, same conditions.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
no need!! don't the displays on modern mercedes show mpg?? it ought to be easy to do a before and after just by the dash. i suggest sitting at 70mph for 10 miles od the same motorway, same direction, same conditions.

You could end up a long way from home doing that

psmart

Reaction score
While we're at it, what about atomic fusion? With Harwell's ZETA, Culham's JET, MAST and the international ITER projects the future is in the doughnut. Or possibly the Spherical Tokamak, with fries.
The Arabs would never allow it, they know how their oil is buttered.... they could even have gone so far to have all the schooling altered so that Engineers were taught that 15% fuel savings were not possible..... damned clever :rolleyes:

It will probably be Israel who invents Fusion, only that way will the kings of the North (Russia), Arabia and the East (China) attack as the pre-cursor to Armageddon..... Just think, over night, the economies of Russia and Arabia will collapse and China wont want the technology falling into foreign hands :confused:

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
The Arabs would never allow it, they know how their oil is buttered.... they could even have gone so far to have all the schooling altered so that Engineers were taught that 15% fuel savings were not possible..... damned clever :rolleyes:

It will probably be Israel who invents Fusion, only that way will the kings of the North (Russia), Arabia and the East (China) attack as the pre-cursor to Armageddon..... Just think, over night, the economies of Russia and Arabia will collapse and China wont want the technology falling into foreign hands :confused:

But what about the Polar Bears? Will they be OK?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
cold, compact, safe and cheap fusion will change the world as we know it, jim. do not hold your breath though, it is the modern alchemy.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
Keep going guys, 1000 posts is in sight.

Actually really should be 850 with the 15% saving.

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Keep going guys, 1000 posts is in sight.

Actually really should be 850 with the 15% saving.

Now, that made me laugh.:D:D

Although, did anyone authorise the remapping of the forum? Blobcat, how much does it cost and have you seen any real savings on internets?? Did anyone fill the forum to the brim and do a full typing test to see if it helped? I think we need a proper scientific analysis and not all these vague claims as Peter has stated above. :evil::evil:

Dave
(hard hat already on and getting ready to run for the hills.)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom