Am I allowed......

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Am I allowed warn people of someone who writes fantasy when he describes his vehicles for sale on E Bay?

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
If what you write is 100% true then he has no come back.

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
Why not just post a link and invite constructive comments?

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Well he is back on E Bay with a W126 420SE at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOTALLY-IMMAC...ewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item4149cc0f8a

I bought a car from him earlier this year ( the 6th car I bought on E Bay, all bought on description and all as described bar this one ) and it was nothing but trouble and contradicted his description on 22 points.
When I buy cars on E Bay I keep copies of absolutely everything and my solicitor has a file on this guy as thick as a phone book with the photos and documents of all the faults on the car. He of course denies everything and accused me (in writing) that I caused all the problems!!
He runs a little car valeting business in North Wales and buys Mercedes and polishes them up and then flogs 'em on E Bay. He isnt even very good at that either!
If anyone is bidding on this W126 you might want to PM me

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
You do have the right to walk away if the car is not as described.

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
You do have the right to walk away if the car is not as described.

I know but as I am living in Ireland the seller would not accept payment on the day but only by electronic transfer. I wanted to pay cash but he wouldn't accept cash. I have been trying to get either a refund of expenses or my money back but he refuses to reply to any communication. ( Oh and E Bay are useless ) The other E Bay purchases I have successfully made were also done by ET.

I was actually thinking of cubeing the car and dumping it on his driveway but I actually like it as it reminds me of my first Mercedes I bought back in 1989 - its identical

Last edited:

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Wouldn't accept cash!

I know but as I am living in Ireland the seller would not accept payment on the day but only by electronic transfer. I wanted to pay cash but he wouldn't accept cash. I have been trying to get either a refund of expenses or my money back but he refuses to reply to any communication. ( Oh and E Bay are useless ) The other E Bay purchases I have successfully made were also done by ET.

I was actually thinking of cubeing the car and dumping it on his driveway but I actually like it as it reminds me of my first Mercedes I bought back in 1989 - its identical

I have never met anyone who wouldnt accept cash £notes cash that is ,:confused::confused:it seems unbelievable !

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Neither have I but he was worried about forgeries ............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Anyway I find ET very handy and easy and there is a trace history with ET that isnt there with cash

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
He certainly writes a good script on the cars he is selling, they sound superb, hard to believe that all is not as it seems. Pity you have had problems, why has he got such good feedback! All very puzzling

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Well, I'll give the seller one thing - he's ****** eloquent!! I've never seen a listing so detailed or evocative. If he is a scam artist, he certainly puts the time in!

Dave

Axcontrols

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
53 ML 270CDI, 2017 GLA200d
I have never met anyone who wouldnt accept cash £notes cash that is ,:confused::confused:it seems unbelievable !

Sending money without even checking that the car is as described is just asking for trouble.

I know a lot of people get ripped off on ebay - and I sympathize - but, how does the saying go ? Caveat Emptor or something like that.

It sounds as if this guy is running a business - do you think he's paying his taxes ? Does his invoice include VAT ?

Dob him in to the tax man let them take him to the cleaners.

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Sending money without even checking that the car is as described is just asking for trouble.

I know a lot of people get ripped off on ebay - and I sympathize - but, how does the saying go ? Caveat Emptor or something like that.

It sounds as if this guy is running a business - do you think he's paying his taxes ? Does his invoice include VAT ?

Dob him in to the tax man let them take him to the cleaners.

Yes it is risky but Ive no reason to suspect any potential issues. Ive done it lots of times without issues. And yes I know 'buyer beware' but what about sales descriptions and all that!

If you know how to 'Dob him in to the tax man' please PM me and I will.

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
He certainly writes a good script on the cars he is selling, they sound superb, hard to believe that all is not as it seems. Pity you have had problems, why has he got such good feedback! All very puzzling
His good feed back was one reason why I trusted him!

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
Well, I'll give the seller one thing - he's ****** eloquent!! I've never seen a listing so detailed or evocative. If he is a scam artist, he certainly puts the time in!

Dave

Yes he has put the time in but he does a lot of 'cuttin 'n pastin' and editing as sometimes a few typos appear!!

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
You say you have purchased quite a few cars via Ebay without any problems in the past, therefore you have been lucky because buying without viewing is very risky to say the least so it was inevitable you were going to come across a bad one.

If seller did not wan't to accept cash you should have viewed and then aggreed to buy via his requested means or walked away from the deal through mis advertising.

OP
syncropaddy

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
You say you have purchased quite a few cars via Ebay without any problems in the past, therefore you have been lucky because buying without viewing is very risky to say the least so it was inevitable you were going to come across a bad one.

If seller did not wan't to accept cash you should have viewed and then aggreed to buy via his requested means or walked away from the deal through mis advertising.

Well there are a lot of very honest people out there buying and selling on E Bay and Ive had almost 100 transactions without much trouble. As Im overseas it is not an option to view before buying on most items and this was one I couldnt view. I had only two incidents up to now (both in the UK), the first was sorted without any hassle at all but this one will go on.

In spite of legal representations to E Bay they still let him trade!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom