Engine warning light goes on and off

rosslyn

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 2002 E280, when i floor the car and hit a high speed in a quick time, some times not allways the engine warning light comes, an dthen may go off next time i get in the car. Also since this has started happening the car quite often has slow uptake from a standing start, eg the you put your foot down it moves slowly then kicks in it may, the engin emay even stop all together when stationary in traffic, any one got any ideas please

Cheers

Rosslyn

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This should just be the MAF sensor gone down

£57 for the insert that you put into your own plastic tube,£157 from any Bosch outlet, or £250 from MB

OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
MAF Sensor

Hi Malcolm

is this easy to for yourself, or can my garage do it, do you think the £57 option will do.

KR

Stuart

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For the £57 option you have to remove the MAF (easy to do your self) and unscrew it from the plastic tube, the buy this part from any Bosch service center.

Once I know what the car is I can tell you more

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/#

go to the dealer location

OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm

Its a E280 VIN- Wdb21xxxx2b363201

Last edited:
OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
Maf

Thanks for the link is the MAF the whole thing in the diagram or one of the parts.
?

OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm i kno which part it is now in diagram, do you know where it is on teh Bosch site, so i know i buythe right thing

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The sensor in the tube has a part number on it, it is this one and not the part number on the tube,,

You could just pull the plug out and try the car,,some will run well with it unplugged and some will not

OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
Buying the part

Hi Malcolom

I'd rather buy the part and fit it, wher can i ge the £57 part from, cit would great if you could help on this. You are also helping me ouyt on teh parling sensor trhread as well, cheers for that you'er a god send

KR

Stuart

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had to go out and buy some food,,you need to get the part number off the sensor in the tube, then ring the Bosch service centers in the link that I gave you, and ask for that

OP
R

rosslyn

Reaction score
MAF Sensor

Hi Malcolm

I have sourced the MAF unit now. One thing i did not ask is do i need to buy the MAF unit and a new sensor.

In order to get the sensor out it requires a tool i dont have, as it is a funny screw head.
Cheers

Stuart

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm

I have sourced the MAF unit now. One thing i did not ask is do i need to buy the MAF unit and a new sensor.

In order to get the sensor out it requires a tool i dont have, as it is a funny screw head.
Cheers

Stuart

Yes the screw is odd,,, any security torx will get them out,,you can replace them with normal screws, dead cheap form Halfords

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do I need to buy the maf unit and a sensor

The MAF is the whole thing in many cases,,but when you buy the sensor only you save £100 for the new plastic tube that it fits in, so when you can just by the sensor part that screws on,do so

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom