New C Class COMAND

Loaded1001

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to replace my E90 BMW for various reasons. I have looked at a new C320 CDi with COMAND. It seemed to pair straight away with my phone but the sales guy said I would need to transfer my contacts manually. Is that right? I hope not.

I also asked about iPod compatibility and he said that it will work from the connector in the glovebox but that connector doesn't charge it. I wonder if he was referring to an AUX connector? If so, I wondered if I can get an iPod adapter fitted fairly easily that will integrate with the COMAND system?

Thanks for reading this.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum :D:D the comand will read the card but not the phone, and all of my contacts come up,,though I have the slightly older system.

There is an Ipod adapter made,,it depends on the year I think

OP
L

Loaded1001

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

Car is a late 2008. I don't have any contacts stored on the SIM card because it's an iPhone though. So I guess that's why it paired fine but displayed no contacts.
I will inquire about getting an iPod adapter added before purchase. Thanks.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Is the car prewired for phone?

seabadger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W218/2013/CLS 250CDi
Hi all,
..........I also asked about iPod compatibility and he said that it will work from the connector in the glovebox but that connector doesn't charge it. .....QUOTE]

Hi Loaded1001,

My iPod connector lead in the glove box will charge older iPods but not the new Nano - different voltage required. The people at http://www.comandonline.co.uk/ will advise latest developments from Mercedes.

Disappointingly iPods folders/tracks appear only in the speedo not on the Comand screen and navigation is via the steering wheel buttons not the command controls. This is a fairly difficult art to master and distracting if driving.

Regards

Seabadger

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi Malcolm,

Car is a late 2008. I don't have any contacts stored on the SIM card because it's an iPhone though. So I guess that's why it paired fine but displayed no contacts.
I will inquire about getting an iPod adapter added before purchase. Thanks.

You could retrofit the Media interface which will give you track/playlist/artist information on the comand screen.

For phonebook download with the iphone you will need the iphone cradle which means you will also need comfort phone wiring in place.

OP
L

Loaded1001

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom