W204 Headlamps Upgrade

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Has anybody tried to upgrade the dipped headlamps of their new W204 C Class? I am finding that the lights on this car inferior to my 203 which gave a good spread to the nearside as well as ahead and would be glad to hear if anybody has upgraded the standard bulbs to something better.

Are there any issues with car's electrical systems in carrying out such an upgrade? How easy is it to change the bulbs?

Many thanks in advance for any help available.

Ernie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Ernie,, the philips super bright or what ever the are called are a good investment and have good reports, you keep the wattage the same, so you do not upset the warning circuit

G

Geezer

Has anybody tried to upgrade the dipped headlamps of their new W204 C Class? I am finding that the lights on this car inferior to my 203 which gave a good spread to the nearside as well as ahead and would be glad to hear if anybody has upgraded the standard bulbs to something better.

Are there any issues with car's electrical systems in carrying out such an upgrade? How easy is it to change the bulbs?

Many thanks in advance for any help available.

Ernie

I agree, the headlights are pretty poor and mine is brand new. Not a patch on my 5 year old W209 which I sold

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
C Class, W204 Headlamps

Just to update on this enquiry.......After asking my MB Dealership the same question as original (so as not to cause any warranty problems), they pointed me to a local Bosch agency who they use for various electrical issues, including bulb upgrades.

The guy there was very helpful, but advised that trying to upgrade the lights on a 204 is a waste of time and money due to them being being 'projectors'. His view was that any improvement would be marginal and not worth the money involved for the new bulbs.

He also commented that the same exercise on a W203 did give a worthwhile improvement, but there again the lights on a 203 were better anyway and adequate for most drivers.

I've got to say that I'm a bit dubious about some of the claims that some suppliers make of '100% brighter', etc, etc. Is that at source or is that on the road....I wonder?

I would still be interested in any experiences of trying to improve projector type lamps particularly those of a 204.

Thanks, Ernie

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom