aftermarket seat heaters

twistedsanity

Reaction score
the only thing we are missing on our benz are the heated seats!, i found this company on the net http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html
wondered if anyone had any experience or other companies with a similar product they could suggest?, my only other alternative seems to be buying a complete new leather interior from a written off car and using the front seats to replace mine, any and all suggestions welcome as i have a disintegrating lumbar spine and cold leather seats, the other thought was to fit a remote start to the car so i could warm the interior before driving the mrs to work every day but i imagine this would be a more expensive option if the keys are £150+ each:shock:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They look good :D:D

I can give you the details on how to remove the covers on your car

OP
T

twistedsanity

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm, you can view fitting instructions on there website, would you be kind enough to have a looksee if you get 5 mins and check if they are ok or if you could add anything that would make the job easier for me?, i have mailed the company to see if they have a european distributor or somebody over here can offer a fitting service, i found a company who want £750+vat to supply and fit the front seat units, methinks £600 for fitting is a tad overpriced :-(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have looked at them :D If it is too hard for you to do yourself (the seats have to come out) then have a word with a local coach trimmer,,they can do these things quickly as there is a knack to getting the seat covers off and on.

I have no trouble in buying from the USA direct

ben12345

Reaction score
Have a look for a Waeco MSH50... This is a German made kit, easily available over here. Its about £70 for the pair of front seats with all of the wiring/switches etc.

I bought a kit to do the front seats of my W126 when I was restoring them - but I completely forgot about it and never installed them! They'll have to wait until I do another seat restoration now in another car.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Those from the OP's link look very much like the ones I had fitted to my rear seats.

Carbon fibre, dual heat and they warm very quickly. Mine also time out after 15min. Plenty long enough to get the interior warm and stops them being forgotten and left on accidently.

Top Bottom