Heating controls flashing...Why?

scoobie69uk

Reaction score
Hi, new owner of a C180 1995. Very pleased with it but I have a problem which has just started.
My heating control dials flash, but when the car lights are switched on they go off and don't illuminate. The heating seams to be on hot all the time. This has only just happened today and I had no problems in the 2 weeks I've had the car. I can only find one similar topic but it did'nt really answer the issue.
Can you please advise. The car was serviced last week and the coolant was checked ?
thanks. Kev

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Aircon needs a re-gas? (Does it have aircon?)

OP
S

scoobie69uk

Reaction score
Stripped down the duovalve but all parts were OK. Not dirty and reassembled. The flashing lights stopped for a short period and now intermitent, seems to flash when cold and stops when the engine is hot. Cann't understand whats happening perhaps its an electrical fault?#
Thanks for your help Busby. I'll live with it for while and see what happens.

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi i have just done the wifes car with the same problem you will have to change the heater control panel got mine from dronsfield merc spares seconhand now it is fine hope this helps
Regards Mike

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi here i a part for your car on ebay this is what you want to cure the problem the No 320452991181 it is the conrtol for a none air con model hope this helps
Regards Mike

OP
S

scoobie69uk

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll take a look at that and see what I need.
great web site and people are so helpful, glad to be a new Merc owner should have done it years ago.
thanks again:)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom