Problem with Side Wing Mirrors on my ML270 CDi 2002 model- Please Help

Rudki

Reaction score
On my ML270 CDi the side door mirrors make a knocking knows when they close. The noise is cause by the mirrors trying to close after they have reached the closed position.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome. it would appear that the mirror may have been knocked, and we get quite a few post on this,, I can let you have the info for removing the covers,,though a new main frame could be required

OP
R

Rudki

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. it would appear that the mirror may have been knocked, and we get quite a few post on this,, I can let you have the info for removing the covers,,though a new main frame could be required

Hi Malcolm,

I would appreciate any info for removing the covers.

thanks
Sanjay

Captain_Pug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
Mine does the same on the drivers side only. 2 load clicks after it has finished closing. Any help always appreciated Malcolm.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All I can do is to send out the instructions for removing the covers or the complete mirror,,often on the 163 the main mirror chassis gets damaged

Captain_Pug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
Thats great, thanks Malcolm. What info would you like from me to send the info out.

Pug

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent all there is on this

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi all,

Yes I have the same problem, you will probably find that the stopper located at the top of the frame has been broken.....i.e. allowing the mirror to go further and then click against the car as it cant go any further.

If the covers have not been off before, you may need to apply a little bit of pressure. They just slide on and off via a clip.

That part is small and hard to repair; you could just press the opening button when the mirrors get close to stop them.

If you’re daring you could try and repair the frame; however you need to be sure that you can put it back together. It may be a wiser move to buy another frame and look around for the best price and ensure that you have the part number cross - referenced to your vehicle as there are different part numbers for the mirror frames. It would be terrible if you have an auto-dimming mirror and you bought a non auto - dimming mirror.

Thanks

Jdokal

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom