Mercedes CLK 200 (1999) - indicators and hazards and rear demist all not working

gaznell

Reaction score
My indicators do not work and nor do the hazards or rear heated window (latter two on same central consol one above the other) - does anyone have any ideas what is not working, and whether the heated rear window :(could be a related problem - they do seem to share fuses, which I have checked and all are fine rgds gaznell

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not think it is dec I will try and find where it is in the morning

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The O/P's set up is the same as a face lift W202 but not the same as a prefacelift, what the exact difference is not sure, though similar, I believe the relays and front SAM located in the fuse box, are CAN controlled rather than being switched directly from the ignition switch and other circuits.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi,
The O/P's set up is the same as a face lift W202 but not the same as a prefacelift, what the exact difference is not sure, though similar, I believe the relays and front SAM located in the fuse box, are CAN controlled rather than being switched directly from the ignition switch and other circuits.

It is not listed as a separate relay Andy so it must as you say be in with something else

OP
G

gaznell

Reaction score
Thanks all for your responses. I spoke with a Mercedes parts in North London this morning and they said they could not find a relay for the indicator/rear demist which ties in with what Malcolm and Andy stated above. I just googled what "CAN" controlled means and am I right in thinking it means Controller Area Network and some sort of mini car computer linking everything. Until recently the car spent about 4 months without a battery in my front drive, and could it be the non-functioning hazards and rear demist are a software issue and the car needs to be hooked up to a computer diagnotisic??

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom