C Class vs E Class

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
There are some good bargains to be had with an E class, as most are leased on Motabilty, and come with their own disabled parking bay, at Tescos ........ which is a brucie bonus for the estate owners, who have caverns to fill ............ PSV's are not neccasary,but a banksman is compulsay for reversing !!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
As a lot of E class drivers can't .......... you can normally find them behind other retired types, driving their newly aquired motorhomes at 40 MPH on dual caraigeways .... not realising how big and thirsty they are ......................

Don;t forget the Trilby ............. :)

coolhans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Present 2004 W211 E500, 1995 W124 E320 CE Coupe.
If you wish to drive, Buy a BMW ............If you want to be taken there .......... buy a Mercedes- Benz E Class!

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI avantgarde c43//amg
Hi guys a c class w202 is my favorite may of the big eng like the m112 v6 eng are used in the e class and if you think about it it's a bigger car so better power and fuel Eco in a class
plus in the early 1998 on the e class just rust for no reason well it's because of waterbased pain And cheap metals used
the are nice cars but I haven't had the pleasure of one and if I did it would have to be Amg spec as all other models are low on power

Just my views don't mean to affend

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
So you are telling me a c class is a better car than an E class ? are you a politician by any chance ?

no

depends on what you want really. Do you want a smaller more agile car thats a bit short on space, or a more luxurious car thats a bit less agile..

You pay your money, you make yer choices.

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
no

depends on what you want really. Do you want a smaller more agile car thats a bit short on space, or a more luxurious car thats a bit less agile..

You pay your money, you make yer choices.

That is the real answer! I chose the C class for its slightly smaller dimensions making it that bit easier to handle on narrow rural roads and to get into parking spaces with slightly less risk to some idiot opening their door and hitting my car. My car is pretty agile if in 'S' mode particularly and no slouch in 'C'. Sure there is not a huge amount of legroom for the rear seat passengers but you cannot have everything!

Just had my car valeted (using it this weekend to transport bridesmaids from the church to Reception for my daughter's wedding) and the valeter remarked when I went to collect it - 'a very nice car indeed and a good colour for hiding dirt (Palladium silver) - praise indeed from someone without an axe to grind.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Sure there is not a huge amount of legroom for the rear seat passengers but you cannot have everything!

Ah, you can - get an E!

Seriously, had a rare opportunity to hussle mine yesterday. Had to pick my Daughter up from a village outside Harrogate so I took the scenic route. Real deserted north yorkshire roads, lots of tight S bends etc. I spend 99% of my time cruising silently on motorways so I'd forgotten just how well the 211 handles when pushed. No matter how daft I got, she always seemed to have grip and power in reserve. Got to one tight bend and I thought I'd over-cooked it. Wound a bit more lock on and waited for the understeer. It didn't come. Just bit in harder and round we went. (not bad for a car with 'cheap tyres')
I was grinning like the proverbial cat by the time I got there.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Ah, you can - get an E!

Seriously, had a rare opportunity to hussle mine yesterday. Had to pick my Daughter up from a village outside Harrogate so I took the scenic route. Real deserted north yorkshire roads, lots of tight S bends etc. I spend 99% of my time cruising silently on motorways so I'd forgotten just how well the 211 handles when pushed. No matter how daft I got, she always seemed to have grip and power in reserve. Got to one tight bend and I thought I'd over-cooked it. Wound a bit more lock on and waited for the understeer. It didn't come. Just bit in harder and round we went. (not bad for a car with 'cheap tyres')
I was grinning like the proverbial cat by the time I got there.

Ditto, was late for work so took the back way in as its quicker (but more miles and less MPG often) and 3rd gear 60mph round tight bends, was grinning like a cheshire cat. They arent particularly wide cars and can be driven at speed.

They were good enough for the cops to hoon about in, so good enough for me...

stripe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi Brabus D6
Agree with that, I have the e320cdi and she can shift and handle when you need it, and in AG trim it has the excellent ride and the slightly lowered suspension.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom