CD player problem

Nirvana

Reaction score
E200, 1.8 petrol, 2004, Avantguard.

My car has a single player and a 6 disk changer, the latter working fine. The single player wont accept a CD, can show it is ejecting a CD but nothing comes out, wont let a new one in.

Are these easy to examiine/ repair? Special tools needed? Any idea how to solve my problem?

All suggestions appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is the head unit a radio or comand, if a radio only you could ask any ICE shop that does repairs

OP
N

Nirvana

Reaction score
CD problem

Thanks Malcolm,

new here. Radio or Command?

My system has options for Radio, CD, CDS (changer), fader etc. So I guess Im not sure what you mean by Command.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you have no navigation built in,, then just a radio head unit you could just ask a good ICE shop if they can fix it

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If there is a disc in it,,then it should play that disc

Momo7320

Reaction score
E200, 1.8 petrol, 2004, Avantguard.

My car has a single player and a 6 disk changer, the latter working fine. The single player wont accept a CD, can show it is ejecting a CD but nothing comes out, wont let a new one in.

Are these easy to examiine/ repair? Special tools needed? Any idea how to solve my problem?

All suggestions appreciated.
Hey Nirvana, I'm also having this problem! Happened yesterday for me. When trying to put a cd in it feels as though something is blocking it. Also have the same error message. Have been quoted £99 by Mercedes to run a diagnostic!! Have you had any joy with your situation?!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey Nirvana, I'm also having this problem! Happened yesterday for me. When trying to put a cd in it feels as though something is blocking it. Also have the same error message. Have been quoted £99 by Mercedes to run a diagnostic!! Have you had any joy with your situation?!

Do not waste your money on STAR for this,it cannot help.

Momo7320

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,
Thank you for your advice!! Im at a bit of a loss..do you think it will result in a whole new system needing to be put in? I was told this should be around £500. Also what is an ICE shop? sorry iam a novice to all the acroynms. :(

Thank you

Monique

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
Hi Malcolm,
Thank you for your advice!! Im at a bit of a loss..do you think it will result in a whole new system needing to be put in? I was told this should be around £500. Also what is an ICE shop? sorry iam a novice to all the acroynms. :(

Thank you

Monique

Ice means...............In Car Entertainment

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom