Everyone Should Watch This

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
quite shocking -although I didn't want to watch the whole video I felt compelled to. Certainly makes you think - we are all driving potentially lethal weapons.

Made me think of my neighbour - only 2 months ago popped out just up the road - within a couple of hours the police were at his wifes door telling her that he had died in an accident.

lizzy

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Very strong and horrific graphics--but I agree it should be mandatory for everyone --maybe included at the end of passing your driving test to alert awarness to accidents?

buster651

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 CE, 124 4, 190e, 300te, r107, 1992 r129 sl500 at last
it has to be seen by as many as poss, i shall be passing it along - pity its not poss to download - thanks for the post no app ness

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Like Lizzy, I felt complled to watch it all the way through> dont feel ilke going out for a drive right now:(

Yes it should be mandatory watching for all drivers at some point,either after passing their test or having been caught speeding.

Driving is a defensive art form but still you cant acount for some others. Just this week someone was killed on a bend at the top of my road ( Biker died). The number of times Ive seen cars, bikes, and Lorries cutting the bends on the roads around my way is frightening:shock:

I dont feel too good now but thanks for posting it

QBSBear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E200 in Blue black met
it has to be seen by as many as poss, i shall be passing it along - pity its not poss to download - thanks for the post no app ness
If you use firefox as a browser click on the utube icon on the bottom right and use downloadhelper to download the vid onto your desktop hope this helps

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
At least 3 of them were made for Road Safety purposes in NI. Others of them were criminals trying to get away from the law. And others were freak accidents with huge consequences. They serve to demonstrate the effects of momentum when 2 heavy, fragile objects collide. Sobering, perhaps, but I saw nothing that will make me change my driving, but a lot that may make me more aware of what may be going on with other drivers.

We all know this can happen, why the surprise?

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
True no surprise. We know this but tend to forget or put it in some dark corner at the back of the mind.

Actually seeing this regularly would be beneficial. We /I become complacent forgetting that it could be us /me, easily.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
A film like that, whilst shocking, is a good road safety reminder.

Can't comment for anyone but myself, but it was a bit upsetting and certainly made me think about my driving past, present and future.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A film like that, whilst shocking, is a good road safety reminder.

Can't comment for anyone but myself, but it was a bit upsetting and certainly made me think about my driving past, present and future.

I agree. it does make you think about it all

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Several times whilst viewing this I was temted to cut it short..
I didn't. I forced myself to watch to the end.
Thanks for making me more aware than I was !

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
There but for the grace of God .... that was a leveller if ever I have seen one:shock: what is even more frightening no one is immune.

355marcus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
Strange one this.
I couldn't watch it, I lost my little brother in 2002 because of someone who didn't think the 30mph limit applied to him. I also now have two little boys and since having them i cant stomach anything with children being hurt.
I dont know if things like this work or not. I know that visually its a shocking site but would seeing the impact on the driver afterwards maybe be more sobering? Hearing them explain how they now felt.
I can talk for ever about how i felt and feel about losing my brother, but hearing that probably wont change how someone drives home, but imagine for a moment that it was you driving. Maybe not even doing anything as blatant as in the first two film clips, but doing just enough to hurt someone else. No one thinks it can happen to them, its human nature, but if people considered for a moment that being thoughtless, reckless, stupid, or even daydreaming for a moment might leave them with the consequences on their shoulders for ever, and could they live with themselves?
Could you?
I wish for a way to communicate this to people without getting lost in how I feel about the subject, i'm just not convinced that shock clips work.
But I'm glad people are trying!!

karen21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
merc coupe, skyline, quadbike & motorbike
how sad!! it just shows you how careless some drivers can be!!

My friend was in a car accident last year and he is now paralysed form the waist down he was only 18 at the time!!

It's shocking...

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i agree it is shocking, but it also shows that in 1 particular clip, that it is PEDESTRIANS and not JUST drivers that need to be more aware of what is going on. the guy stepping into the road carrying a takeaway (chips or similar) just walked into the road without stopping, looking in the wrong direction for oncoming traffic as he did so. i get fed up of such accidents being blamed 100% of the time on drivers.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I was driving past a school last year in my old car going on way to work. And you dont need road signs to tell you how fast to go with kids and mums darting everywhere and cars all over the place with mums checking their makeup.

But even slow as I was I hit the brakes when I saw a mum flying past a parked car on her side coming towards me. (after dropping off HER kids) Because at that moment people walking on the pavement on my side stepped in to the road in front of me because of a car reversing out from a driveway (taxi) and I had no where to go round them. I think if I was going faster the lad that landed on my bonnet would certainly have had an injury. As it was he had a bruised bum. The women who flew passed the parked car opposite stopped for a second and flew off again when I pointed and shouted 'IT'S YOUR FAULT'.

COMPULSORY RE-TESTING (or assessment and training (understanding) is the ONLY answer / solution)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I can't think of a better place than here to generate interest in the desire for periodic retraining / testing for all.

We can all be progressed to a higher level of driving competence than the tests of years ago called for, today's testing may have evolved little.

Awareness better digested with some experience and motorway training are just a couple of advantages I see.

If many here contact their MP's expressing the desire maybe this can get moving.

Last edited:

coolhans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Present 2004 W211 E500, 1995 W124 E320 CE Coupe.
Yes a very sobering video. I watched it all though I was tempted to turn it off several times. It's a reminder to us all that we are in control of a lethal weapon and should all try to up our game a little when we are behind the wheel.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
COMPULSORY RE-TESTING (or assessment and training (understanding) is the ONLY answer / solution)

it is worse than that. Even if there was the political will to make a serious attack on driving standards (and I regret to say there is not - or at least not one that will achieve much), it would be a serious challenge to retrain those who show no evidence of ever having been trained or competent in the first place!!!

Top Bottom