Rusty nuts !!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
They all do that. They used to have a stainless steel cap on the top but no longer.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I thought that;s what you said.....I can't normally help on the technical side...but in this case I may be of assistance:lol:a good old rub down with an oily rag:lol:

jubhi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport Coupe Brabus D6-III, A150 SE, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
My dad's old w203 C-Class had this problem. So I sorted it for him. I painted them and then did a clear coat of lacquer on them which would protect them and prevent rusting again. Worked a treat and looked nice too.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Thumper, Aluminium Paint works very well easy to do. Take 2 studs from each wheel good rub down with wire brush and the brush paint not spray can. Let dry and apply second coat again let dry over night ideally that will stop the wrench nipping the paint off the corners. Refit and do the others. Needles to say DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITH THE WHEEL STUDS MISSING. If you want to use the car buy some SPARE wheel bolts. What model do you drive? I may well have some wheel bols for it.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Just take it to your dealers, we used to fit hundreds when i was working there!!!

OP
T

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
  • Banned
Thanks for the advise, guys and gals ........ of course, they are Bolts, before someone corrects me ............. I had this on the wifes 54 plate ... and MB just kept replacing them.

I'm gonna go to the dealer at some point ............... but why cant they sort the problem, it's been going on for years !!!!!

I dont use chemicals either ...... I use a steam cleaner ............. Brilliant, just Brilliant !!

Merc-Man24

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 Mercedes E280 CDI G7 ,Iridium Silver
I've got rusty nuts !!!!!! ........... :mad::mad::mad::mad::Oops:

Yes this is called the "Rusty Nut's" syndrome many people have it ...The cause is they haven't seen any action in a while ??? :lol::lol:

OP
T

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
  • Banned
I'm working on that ... see other thread !!

alc250d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w202 c250d
rusty nuts`n coke

An old gunsmiths trick: Coke a cola,soak your rusted parts in coke(the fizzy dentists joy stuff) and the rust will dissolve,don`t leave too long to soak as the part will too . Cheaper than WD 40.
Bolt and bleed nipples can be released using freeze spray(plumbers merchants and boots chemist) Boots veruka treatment freeze spray.
Strange but true!
Not sure about other parts of the body though!
Alan.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
There you have it Thumper, stick your nuts in the freezer and they will be cured :shock:

OP
T

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
  • Banned
Wel maybe if I dip em in Coke, and put them in the freezer ......... I wont have to worry about the other, for a while :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You could ask the price of the new CLS wheel bolts,,they are rather nice and plated

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Wel maybe if I dip em in Coke, and put them in the freezer ......... I wont have to worry about the other, for a while :)

Might just drop off though...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom