MBS Southampton

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Quick thanks to the guys. Did my annual round trip of 170 miles and got the usual great service !

See you next year :D:D

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
you know MB mainly biscuits :lol:
Barry

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
or did you mean 'Mainly Biscuits Scoffed':rolleyes:

NJones59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI Avantgarde
I've got the Jaffa Cakes ready for next Thursday, hope they don't go off (or get eaten!) ;)

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Will be looking forward to seeing you again Nigel, and the said Jaffa cakes!!!!!

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
but jaffa cakes are not biscuits....discuss.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
but jaffa cakes are not biscuits....discuss.

From a well known source..

"Cake or biscuit?

In the UK, value added tax is payable on chocolate covered biscuits, but not on chocolate covered cakes. McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes in court, producing a 12" (30 cm) Jaffa Cake to illustrate that its Jaffa Cakes were simply miniature cakes. McVities argued that a distinction between cakes and biscuits is, among other things, that biscuits would normally be expected to go soft when stale, whereas cakes would normally be expected to go hard. It was demonstrated to the Tribunal that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale. Other factors taken into account by the Chairman, Potter QC, included the name, ingredients, texture, size, packaging, marketing, presentation, appeal to children, and manufacturing process. Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes in the UK"

But ..

"However, in 1999, the Sun newspaper published a poll which suggested that the majority of its readers thought of the Jaffa Cake as a biscuit, not cake"

Which I think clinches it, they are cakes!! ;) :lol::lol:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
We do cakes as well Pete so it don't really matter to us!!!!!

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I just love you all.....you are completely crazy people......ha ha ha

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
And you were enquiring about POTTERS in another thread... They're all Potty

NJones59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI Avantgarde
I hope I haven't started another tax avoidance thread :shock:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
We do cakes as well Pete so it don't really matter to us!!!!!

Indeed! ;)

I would expect nothing less than 'Hobnobs' from the good doctor, quality, with safety are his bywords and of course all within a controlled and frugal budget.

All you need now is Mic to descend upon you with a bottle of the finest wine a selection of the finest English cheeses, a crock pot of pate (nothing in a plastic pot for our Oxfordshire gentleman) and of course freshly baked crusty bread all to be washed down with a cup of his finest coffee - NOW that would take some beating:cool:

On the other hand you could get Carnut descend upon you with a bag of chips:shock:

cozmo1589

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI in Black
BIG thanks to the chaps at MBS Southampton. Today they saved me lots of hassle and a good £800.00 sorting out my 2 damaged catalysts. The car drives like new once more and i am very happy with the result, the service and the price. Thanks so much, will commit to using you in the future for all my Merc needs.
11/10
Regards,
Colin
;-)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom