Brabus PowerExtra D6 kit for all Diesel V6's

OP
NewMB

NewMB

Reaction score
Ask anyone who bought the first mk 2 diesel Nissan X trail's how many turbos and intercoolers have been replaced. It is not uncommon to find owners with 4 replaced in only 20 or 30 thousand miles. The Mk 1 had 114hp and no turbo problems, which was increased to 136 on the first mk 2's. This caused the turbo to spin faster which destroyed the turbo bearings and seals which resulted in oil leaking into the intercooler and destroying that too. Anyone who has priced a replacement turbo and intercooler will have an idea how much Nissan had to pay for warranty repairs. After replacing turbos and intercoolers and realising the problem was resurfacing 6 months later, the ECU's were remapped as a permenent fix and owners say the cars felt less powerful than before. I've heard stories of BMW's suffering from the same fate. You do not get extra power from the same engine without paying for it somewhere else.

Russ

Well, so far so good. Done over 2000 miles since fitted the Brabus kit. No obvious signs of more wear, ie Oil consumption. Thought it would take more....

Wife's A180 Cdi has a liking for the Shell Ultra liquid!

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Well, so far so good. Done over 2000 miles since fitted the Brabus kit. No obvious signs of more wear, ie Oil consumption. Thought it would take more....

Wife's A180 Cdi has a liking for the Shell Ultra liquid!

I was quoting an extreme example showing what can go wrong even when done by the original manufacturer. I was not suggesting that the same was going to happen to your engine, only that you do not get something for nothing, there has to be a trade off somewhere along the line and some parts will wear quicker than they they would have normally.

Russ

OP
NewMB

NewMB

Reaction score
I was quoting an extreme example showing what can go wrong even when done by the original manufacturer. I was not suggesting that the same was going to happen to your engine, only that you do not get something for nothing, there has to be a trade off somewhere along the line and some parts will wear quicker than they they would have normally.

Russ

:D Rear tyres perhaps.... have noticed that from standstill, foot down, tyres go crazy. Didn't really happened before the kit installed. Obviously driving like that all the time probably will make me bankrupt!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Get a stop watch that instead of resetting to zero each time you stop it, just stops and continues timing when you restart. On a longish trip try timing the amount of time that you are free to choose the speed you do. And not constrained by traffic, or by speed limits or by the fact that you are at your chosen cruising speed. The results each time I have done it are truly amazing. The amount of time when freedom to choose speed is available is a tiny part of nearly every trip. That is why, if I look at it rationally and forget the enjoyment of occasional bursts on the banjo, I can get to Dover from my house as quickly in the A class as I could do in my S class.

I remember when they put a top rally driver in a Cooper S (Paddy Hopkirk) and Jo Bloggs in a standard mini and sent them off from London to Manchester. They had to obey speed limits. They arrived within two minutes of each other. Performance is fun. But it ain't useful -in the UK, any more.

type49

Reaction score
I've driven the E320cdi with Brabus tune..... very good. Like you say, overtaking type acceleration is biggest difference.

b_lor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi W212 2010
Hi NewMB,
I have an E350cdi (W212) and I'm thinking to fit the Brabus D6 box too. Please let me know if you even experienced any fuel consumption improvement on urban journeys. Many thanks.

crockers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc now sold - XC60 D5 arrived
I went for a re-map. All the benefits you're talking about without that massive cost.
Ok no MB warranty but my car was over 3 years old.
Insurance no rise. Told them it was an economy remap.

stripe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi Brabus D6
2. As long as Mercedes UK fits the unit (took 4 hours), you are fully covered under normal warranty.

4 hours!!! The kit is plug and play and should be installed in less than 30 minutes, it even says it on the fitting instructions.....

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
After driving some 2000 miles since the kit was installed, I am happy to confirm that the fuelconsumption has gone down, ie more MPG.
I had an average of around 38 mpg before kit, now 45.3!

Interesting - that's an impressive improvement in consumption!

My Chrysler 300C Touring (which has the Mercedes OM642 3.0 L diesel and 5-speed Tipronic transmission) achieves just about 30mpg on mixed motoring, going up to around 35mpg on motorway trips. (It has to lug around two tonnes of car!)

Startech (Chrysler's equivalent of Brabus), offers an SD6 Tuning Module which takes the standard 218 bhp to 262 bhp and the torque from 510 Nm to 580 Nm. This claims to knock 0.4 secs off the 0-60 time of 7.9 secs but doesn't make any specific claims for improved fuel consumption.

I'm guessing that this module is almost certainly the Brabus D6 under a different label - it has to be dealer fitted and costs around €1900 - so your gains in that direction are appealing. Now that you've had it for a while, is this improvement still being seen - or are you busy shredding tyres with your new-found torque? :D

stripe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi Brabus D6
I've seen mines go from averaging 35 to 38 in the last few months since fitting the kit, with over 45 on a long leisurely drive.

It is the best thing I've done to my E-Class and couldn't recommend it enough.

willzie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport
Brabus D6 iii

Hello,
Wonder if you can help, I have a E320 cdi sport ( 58 plate ) and looking for a D6 kit.
I was told the D6 iii had many part numbers but the one I need is 211-736-00
I have seen one for sale but the box is stamped CLS 219 and the part number is 219-736-00

Would this kit work in my car ??
Cheers, Wills

sl7023

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320cdi with Brabus D6-111 Chip
Brabus D6 iii

Whilst far from disappointed with the performance of my CLS 320 CDI, which I've owned -and loved - for the last 12 months, I decided to have a Brabus D6 iii chip installed at my local dealer. I had read that, not only does the car feel quicker, it also makes it smoother and, if driven as before, more economical.

I spoke to my dealer who was prepared to do a deal at £999 all in. Clearly, much more expensive than a £200-£500 remap, but the extra piece of mind of it being a Mercedes endorsed kit, fitted by someone I trust, was important. I did have concerns about fitting it to a car with 40k miles on the clock, but my dealer assured me that they've fitted the Brabus chip to dozens of vehicles, old and new, without issue. He did say that some of the early installations were problematic (something to do with over-fuelling), but that all of these issues have been resolved.

Anyway, £1k lighter, I picked up the car on Friday with some trepidation ! Would I actually notice the difference ? The good news was - most definitely. Obviously observing the speed limit at all times, I had to test the installation to ensure all was well. The car does indeed feel smoother (it was hardly rough to start with !), but it's the in-gear acceleration that is most impressive. Awesome is probably a better way to describe it. A gentle prod of the right foot and it flies ! Someone else on the Forum described his car as feeling 'lighter' as a result of the chip - I get that completely !

I won't be driving that way all of the time, but it's very reassuring to know what's available, should I need (or want !) to use it !

Will report back on fuel consumption after a couple of weeks of my daily commute.

Awesome car !

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Worth remembering that chips and remaps cause the On Board Computer to over-read miles per gallon - as discussed in numerous threads. The only tests that matter once chipped are proper tankful to tankful tests.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
For me, if you buy a performance chip to enjoy the performance you're going to drive it more "keenly" (otherwise you'd be buying a small engined diesel if you want economy).

With this in mind, I had no expectations of increased economy and have found none thus far.

Bl**dy good point and squirt fun though ;)

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition

Ghost CLS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS63 AMG Black / SL500 Black / CLK 320 Coupe Dark Blue / BMW Z3 2.8 Black Soft Top
I had the Brabus D6 dealer fitted when I bought my first CLS, so I can comment on any improvement but I know I could keep up with almost anything else on the road. I am still enormously impressed with that car, stunning acceleration away from the lights & if you dropped a cog or two great pull at motorway speeds.

My insurance company didn’t complain as it was a dealer fitting so no additional cost.

It’s not quite the same power as my CLS63 but in the real world, on real roads, it makes no difference. I can’t see the increase in power being a problem as the gearbox / drive train is the same as the 5.5L V8.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom