Brabus PowerExtra D6 kit for all Diesel V6's

Senninha

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350CDi Sport estate 2010
The D5 is for the 280cdi engine, the D6 is for the 320cdi engine.

I know someone who has nearly new units for various cars and they are £300-400 depending on model.

Let me know if interested and I can forward his details. I bought mine from him.

So after much deliberation I've swapped my C220 CDI for the C350 CDI estate. This will be a long termer, 3 yrs at least so keen to do the Brabus upgrade early otherwise I'll be 3 yrs down the line like with the 220 and still not one it!

I'm intersted if you have a the kit for the C350, Sept 2010 registered please.

regards, Paul

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I'm not sure what he has got, I will blip you a PM with his email and you can ask him.

Cheers

Guy

CB8649

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C320CDI Sport Estate with Brabus engine upgrade
Brabus D6 upgrade

I bought my first M-B in Oct 2009, a 320CDI Sport, estate that was 20 months old & was already fitted with the D6 III upgrade, I like it! But since I'd not driven it prior to the fitting I cannot compare performance or fuel consumption improvements; enough to say it's plenty quick enough for me & returns very good mpg, especially after my previous V8 Jaguar XJR!!!
I discovered that one of the Brabus badges was damaged, the one fitted to the lower front offside wing, "Powered by Brabus", & obtaining a replacement was no simple task. Nothing available that I could find on the Brabus website so I went to the M-B dealer in Basingstoke, Tony Purslow. They did eventually manage to obtain a pair of these badges but only after supplying certain vehicle details to confirm from their database that this car had actually been fitted with the D6 unit, I guess. So, it's only those wing badges that visually guarantee the vehicle has had the upgrade. The tailgate/ bootlid badge, (BRABUS), can be bought by anyone as it is available at the Brabus online shop.
:D

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
So, it's only those wing badges that visually guarantee the vehicle has had the upgrade. The tailgate/ bootlid badge, (BRABUS), can be bought by anyone as it is available at the Brabus online shop.:D

You're talking my language :lol:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I threw my side badges out, and then saw they were going for £50 on ebay!!

CB8649

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C320CDI Sport Estate with Brabus engine upgrade
Brabus D6, Insurance

I'm suprised at the additional insurance premium you were required to pay Direct Line, also the very high X/S. I contacted my broker, (IAM Surety), prior to buying my M-B that already had the D6 unit fitted. All the underwriter wanted to know was had the brakes been upgraded to cope with the additional power. I managed to get a confirmation from Brabus technical that the brakes were more than capable of handling the extra bhp & that satisfied them, the insurer is "KGM Motor Policies at Lloyd's".
Last year I paid just £259, (restricted mileage of 5,000 per annum no doubt helps), it's due for renewal this month.
1. Yes and No. I spoke to Brabus in Germany and they told me that you get full warranty with less than 20000 mls (another warranty with more mls). But the car has to be less than 2 years old. No problem as yours is new.

2. As long as Mercedes UK fits the unit (took 4 hours), you are fully covered under normal warranty. No issues there at all. No, as far as my dealer told me, it does not cause any wear and tear other than "normal". I have been keeping a good eye on my oil level, no extra use.

3. The unit itself cost me £1500 (incl VAT and fitting) at MB Ipswich. Insurance....well, you should tell them. I did, got to pay an additional £250 a year and the excess went up to compulsory £650 (Direct Line).

As a response to the last comment, fit it when new so that you are fully covered. The engine will also get used to the extra power and tourque (so will your right foot). By the time your car would have covered 200K mls, the unit would have paid itself over and over several times.

Insurance is the only thing.... still not so bad I think.

You will NOT regret doing it (despite the costs). Feels like a new car!

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
I bought my first M-B in Oct 2009, a 320CDI Sport, estate that was 20 months old & was already fitted with the D6 III upgrade, I like it! But since I'd not driven it prior to the fitting I cannot compare performance or fuel consumption improvements; enough to say it's plenty quick enough for me & returns very good mpg, especially after my previous V8 Jaguar XJR!!!
I discovered that one of the Brabus badges was damaged, the one fitted to the lower front offside wing, "Powered by Brabus", & obtaining a replacement was no simple task. Nothing available that I could find on the Brabus website so I went to the M-B dealer in Basingstoke, Tony Purslow. They did eventually manage to obtain a pair of these badges but only after supplying certain vehicle details to confirm from their database that this car had actually been fitted with the D6 unit, I guess. So, it's only those wing badges that visually guarantee the vehicle has had the upgrade. The tailgate/ bootlid badge, (BRABUS), can be bought by anyone as it is available at the Brabus online shop.
:D

Pictures, pictures, pictures please.

Decent Photobucket sized ones :), not thumbnails :(

Last edited:

BIGCJL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 CDI
Just 1 little Question, and its perhaps one for you to think about in the future.
Brabus will only fit them to cars unders 2 years and 20,000 miles, why ?, will this have any detrimental effect to your engine after that period ?, if not, why won't they fit it to older / cars with more miles.

Its something I had been thinking about, but I understand yohttp://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=22&fueltype=2&model=82&variant=237u can also get pretty same results from the likes of Superchips (see link) for roughly 1/3 of the cost.:shock:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brabus will only warranty cars that are under 2 years and 20,000 miles, they will still fit them.

I would not use Superchips, I just don't like them, tweaked rolling road figures, they replace your standard map instead of modifying it, so leaves a trail that shouts 'I've been tampered with!' and try and wriggle out of claims and even the 7 day trial period return.

There are plenty of decent tuners out there, if you want to go remap route.

If your car is not in warranty buy a D6 or whatever it is on the C320cdi used off ebay.
You are paying around £800 buying it from Mercedes for the warranty, and if out of warranty then no point.

padesu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS W203/2007/C320CDI
The D5 is for the 280cdi engine, the D6 is for the 320cdi engine.

I know someone who has nearly new units for various cars and they are £300-400 depending on model.

Let me know if interested and I can forward his details. I bought mine from him.

I would be interested at those prices for a D6 as I have a C320 CDI.....

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
PM me your email and I will forward his details on to you.

He may have one for a C320cdi, I know he did a few weeks back.

padesu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS W203/2007/C320CDI
Can't find personal messaging on your profile -can you pm me via my personal profile?
Thanks

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It said it was sent to you via email, you should have it by now.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
It said it was sent to you via email, you should have it by now.

Which is different to the PM inbox - I fell foul of this when I was new to the forum.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think because he has only 4 posts he has no PM's available, to either send or receive?

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
I think because he has only 4 posts he has no PM's available, to either send or receive?

I agree, email would be better.

sl7023

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320cdi with Brabus D6-111 Chip
Brabus Badges

I threw my side badges out, and then saw they were going for £50 on ebay!!

I didn't apply mine either - prefer the "standard" look- no point in advertising you might like a bit of "spirited driving" now and again !

Had a bit of fun yesterday evening with a 320 CDI E Class when he pulled up alongside me. I could imagine him wondering why he wasn't able to stay with me. Obviously, obeying speed limits at all times.:)

sl7023

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320cdi with Brabus D6-111 Chip
Whilst far from disappointed with the performance of my CLS 320 CDI, which I've owned -and loved - for the last 12 months, I decided to have a Brabus D6 iii chip installed at my local dealer. I had read that, not only does the car feel quicker, it also makes it smoother and, if driven as before, more economical.

I spoke to my dealer who was prepared to do a deal at £999 all in. Clearly, much more expensive than a £200-£500 remap, but the extra piece of mind of it being a Mercedes endorsed kit, fitted by someone I trust, was important. I did have concerns about fitting it to a car with 40k miles on the clock, but my dealer assured me that they've fitted the Brabus chip to dozens of vehicles, old and new, without issue. He did say that some of the early installations were problematic (something to do with over-fuelling), but that all of these issues have been resolved.

Anyway, £1k lighter, I picked up the car on Friday with some trepidation ! Would I actually notice the difference ? The good news was - most definitely. Obviously observing the speed limit at all times, I had to test the installation to ensure all was well. The car does indeed feel smoother (it was hardly rough to start with !), but it's the in-gear acceleration that is most impressive. Awesome is probably a better way to describe it. A gentle prod of the right foot and it flies ! Someone else on the Forum described his car as feeling 'lighter' as a result of the chip - I get that completely !

I won't be driving that way all of the time, but it's very reassuring to know what's available, should I need (or want !) to use it !

Will report back on fuel consumption after a couple of weeks of my daily commute.

Awesome car !

Quick update.

Car still feels awesome- and, whether it's my imagination or not, definitely feels smoother than before the chip was fitted.

As far as fuel consumption is concerned, on my daily commute and on the basis that I drive in exactly the way I did before the chip was installed, the trip computer is showing about 4/5 MPG improvement. I have read somewhere that replacement chips can cause the trip computer to report incorrect consumption. Not too worried either way.

Co-incidentally, my wife and I are off to Gerrmany on Monday for a driving holiday. Part of the trip is a visit to the Brabus factory at Bottrop. Really looking forward to it - not sure my wife is though ! ;)

Top Bottom