Heating V230

matteb63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl 500s & CLS500 with LPG conversions
The blower works but the air is very weak and in some ducts non-existent. I think I need to check that the ducting is all in place if someone can tell me how to get at it.
Thanks
Matt

snowballer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v class 230
Matt remove the cassette consol on the floor,then there will be a bar across from the brake peddle remove this two bolts,now you can get at the pollen filter will be choked up no doubt!!throw away replace,or do without,job done!!

Geo2411

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 Mercedes V230 Ambiente
V230 Heater Blower

Hi, I read this last night and ditched my filthy, scummy pollen filter today and am still getting very little air blowing through my vents.

Any further ideas to get this working better?

Thanks. Geoff.

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
The only problem doing away with the pollen filter is that the inside of the vehicle gets very dirty , I reinstated mine, its a hassle to change but worthwhile, make it a late summer job that way you have collected most of the dust and pollen then replace it, it will give you a good airflow through the winter months which is when you need it most.

Geo2411

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I appreciate the info about the pollen filter. I'll keep an eye on how dirty the inside of the car gets but it still doesn't alter the fact that there is still not much being blown through the vents even when the fan is on full speed.

I am thinking that the blower motor may be on its way out but would like someone who knows to tell me if that is the case.

Many thanks for your help.
Geoff.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I am thinking that the blower motor may be on its way out but would like someone who knows to tell me if that is the case.

Many thanks for your help.
Geoff.

With the ignition switched on but engine not started turn the heater motor on full, you should be able to hear it. The motor is situated under the glove box and easy to access, might be worth taking out for a look

OP
M

matteb63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl 500s & CLS500 with LPG conversions
I removed my fan relatively easy and then turned the contacts round which improved fan speed. Should have replaced contacts really but 8 mths later still working perfectly well.
You can also check that there is not anything restricting the air from entering the fan.

Geo2411

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks, I'll check that out tomorrow and post outcome.

Thanks for you help.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom