Jan82

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270, 2001, 2688CC
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post, as I am a new member.... I have ML270, 2001.... Lately the following problems have started, since yesterday, my car won't start first time, it is drinking fuel, if I'm on even a slight hill my car has problems getting to 20mph.... Note this is not coz the car is full, this has happened when I'm da only one in it... If I park on a hill with the car facing the hill it won't start. Sometimes my car won't get up to 40mph when driving on a flat road.... Has anyone else had the same problems?

jaspal_ss

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 ML270 CDI
I had similar problems in the past couple of months. It's getting cold in the mornings in Melbourne and my ML270 CDI was having trouble starting. Then I noticed the same thing where it would loose power and not go beyond 2100 RPM.

Firstly the mechanic found the intercooler and the trubo had a lot of deposit and oil. He got it all flushed out properly and it ran very well afterwards. Couple of weeks later I had the same problem with the power but this time I could hear a lot of air pressure as I accellerated, ended up back at the mechanic and both the front and the back Catalyst converters needed to be changed - it has been running fine since this has been done.

I still have the starting problem and it has been suggested that the injectors are leaking or the glow plugs need to be changed. In the forums they are advising that the O rings on the fuel pump should be looked after. Will look at these things next and see what happens.

Hope this helps

AMGMAL

Reaction score
have you checked the air flow mass sensor? turbo?

OP
J

Jan82

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270, 2001, 2688CC
Car seemed to be fine... Until today... Now it won't even start! Awaiting AA!

Top Bottom