G-Wagen Needed for TV Appearance

Wheeler Dealer

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes G-Wagon
Hi all,

If you could pass this onto your members I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm part of the production team for Wheeler Dealers. As part of the new series we're featuring a 1993 G Wagen. For those of you not aware Wheeler Dealers is a programme where we buy iconic cars, fix their faults and then sell them on for a profit.

At the beginning of the episode we always film a 'pristine version' of the featured vehicle. This is to show the viewer how good the vehicle can look and what we're trying to achieve by the end of the programme.

As such we need a G-Wagen to film, preferably a short wheel base that is in good condition. The vehicle doesn't have to be standard as any modifications may add interest to the sequence.

If you have such a vehicle and want to have it featured on TV, please email me with your availability over the next three weeks. My email is matt@attaboytv.com. Preferably if you could send some pics of your car it would be appreciated. We're looking to film this Monday next week - 14th November. We would require you and your car for one day and would cover travel expenses and provide a DVD of the finished programme after it has aired.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The Wheeler Dealers Team

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Good luck with this, I do enjoy watching the program :)

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
Hi Matt, Just have to say love Mike Brewer and Edd China, Have watched every episode three times over, Congratulations to Attaboy TV, Great production, Just one gripe, Why does the Discovery Channel has to have such long add breaks? Some are 7min long.....Back to your request, A friend has got a G Wagon he moved away from me a couple of years ago, If i can find his phone number i will put you in touch with him....Regards Shine.....PS.Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
very tight schedule for this, they want a swb 463 petrol, not black and because they are in Sevenoaks in Kent, ideally someone in the South East

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Matt, Just have to say love Mike Brewer and Edd China, Have watched every episode three times over, Congratulations to Attaboy TV, Great production, Just one gripe, Why does the Discovery Channel has to have such long add breaks? Some are 7min long.....Back to your request, A friend has got a G Wagon he moved away from me a couple of years ago, If i can find his phone number i will put you in touch with him....Regards Shine.....PS.Keep up the good work.
Sky+ (other recording facilities are available) is your friend :D

I watched the 190 Cossie episode on the weekend and the thing that bothered me the most was watching the passenger side headlight washer flop all over the place on the one they'd borrowed to film.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
What spoils the programmes for me is the ludicrous costings and definition of 'we made a profit'. Fine if you have your own 'free' mechanic to do all the work but what would it really cost to get the work done in the real world?

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
What spoils the programmes for me is the ludicrous costings and definition of 'we made a profit'. Fine if you have your own 'free' mechanic to do all the work but what would it really cost to get the work done in the real world?

Totally agree.

I can't watch it cos they live in a flippin dreamworld half the time and the dude who does the body work hasn't a clue...there was one about a capri and my 8yr old daughter could have done a better job of spraying the front wing.

I wonder if they pay 20% vat on the tiny profits they make too? :)

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
It's good entertainment & not a lot else. I've lost count of he number of times they've listed what they fitted & "omitted" a few bits that were clearly replaced.

The short one is extremely annoying.

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
Bangla Bangers do a better job......

tdheywood

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
G Wagon 300 ges
I have a 300 GES!!!!

Hi all

I have a prestine 300 GES but sadly not for Monday. Its a cctually having a respray becuase its red and having fading after 23 years! can do next monday i think! contact me if you need to.
Tdheywood@yahoo.co.uk

regards Tom

swannymere

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 1994 E300D

I think you've missed the point, they've clearly pointed out what is achievable if you do your own spannering.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom