Brabus PowerExtra D6 kit for all Diesel V6's

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Worth remembering that chips and remaps cause the On Board Computer to over-read miles per gallon - as discussed in numerous threads. The only tests that matter once chipped are proper tankful to tankful tests.

Took 35 posts to find this but, I just knew it was in there somewhere. Tank brim to tank brim is the only way. I will take a little wager that MPG will be the same or slightly worse, and yes I have that "T" Shirt.

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
My Viezu remap hasn't changed the accuracy of my computer. Still as accurate as it always was.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
How accurate

Which is how accurate exactly?

W

Willard White speaking

I have one of these Brabus EcoPower from my ML W164 fitted in 2008 for an ML320 it was a great boost of approx 50 bhp.
All boxed and full fitting instructions plus badges cost 2k removed by MB. Any one who would like one at loads off new price make me areasonable offer.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Loads of people offer remaps.
Thing with the Brabus is it is an official Mercedes offering so insurers are more likely to cover you.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Searching google for mapping of a Brabus D6 3 box I got this thread.

wow - some are easily pleased.. First page £1500 and thinks they got value for money (of which charged 4 hours labour to fit).

Well I can agree with one bit, fitting it was way more fiddly that I expected. If you've done it before, didn't care how it looks under the engine cover and like to vandalise sound deadening you could do it in 35 mins. If you want to do it well its 2 hrs.

The box unlocks a bit more midrange but the difference is pretty pathetic its 50 quid's worth of go. Lucky I didn't pay the sorts of money listed here. (I have the original invoice from a main dealer in the box showing £800).

When I'd fitted it I hadn't driven the car for maybe a year, and to be honest the first impression was what idiot mapped the pedal, its worse. Second was where's the go. And thirdly once warmed up, that is not worth the time it took to fit.

On further acquaintance I can see there must be more than it had, but if that's it why does anyone buy an E class tractor?

The throttle response is ALL wrong, too much round town. It was actually nicer and easier round town before fitting it. Then far too little change in the midrange. And top end? Well its a tractor, they've forgotten a real engine revs out and feels faster as the revs go up.

Driving fast is all about throttle control... Of course now most people can't drive, they've abdicated responsibility to some half witted computer (that doesn't understand gravel, white lines, potholes, tyre temperatures, fuel spills, deep puddles, other drivers habits etc.), there's no hope of the world of driving improving. And as the terrorists in councils are busy taking away our liberties on the roads we paid for, its all rather futile.

It seems they did offer dealerships other profile maps which would be interesting, but no idea how to do that? The first 25% of throttle movement needs less go, and 50% needs the bit you didn't want in the first quarter of pedal travel but they gave you anyway. If the go came where I'd put it, it would feel like a real engine rather than a boosted to death tractor (and you might think its worth £150).

Fitting was more for my entertainment than any other reason. But with the box its fuel consumption is fractionally improved. Drive on a mega economy hunt and it'll get 3 mpg more, drive normally 0.5 mpg more. Boot it and its goes enough go to make it less dangerous for overtakes and if the TC didn't offend you could actually have fun on roundabouts in ways it never could before (but that throttle makes this more hit and miss than you should try on a public road.

What you need is a remap by someone who knows how to drive. You need "go" where you can control it (with the pedal, rather than hoping the boost doesn't just happen when it feels like it) that would be a better way forward and would be money better spent...

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
So after much deliberation I've swapped my C220 CDI for the C350 CDI estate. This will be a long termer, 3 yrs at least so keen to do the Brabus upgrade early otherwise I'll be 3 yrs down the line like with the 220 and still not one it!

I'm intersted if you have a the kit for the C350, Sept 2010 registered please.

regards, Paul

Mine was mapped by GAD Tuning 4 years ago, still puts a smile on my face

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
If it was my car I would have put on a remap by someone reputable... but its not mine and I can unbolt this and either flog on and or put on another vehicle (which has some limited appeal).

What I find pathetic with nearly all these tuning sites is they seldom share the power curves. I don't care if its 40 or 50bhp more.... ALL tuning that matters is ONLY about the shape of the curves. By not sharing that they know how to get good curve, it only means one of two things

1) they are just peek number merchants only in it for the money from idiots

2) they mostly have no idea and just buy the map for 50 quid and resell to you for £280 from the same guy everyone else does (where the reality is its generated by a bunch of kids who know more about a PlayStation than how an engine actually runs)

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
If it was my car I would have put on a remap by someone reputable... but its not mine and I can unbolt this and either flog on and or put on another vehicle (which has some limited appeal).

What I find pathetic with nearly all these tuning sites is they seldom share the power curves. I don't care if its 40 or 50bhp more.... ALL tuning that matters is ONLY about the shape of the curves. By not sharing that they know how to get good curve, it only means one of two things

1) they are just peek number merchants only in it for the money from idiots

2) they mostly have no idea and just buy the map for 50 quid and resell to you for £280 from the same guy everyone else does (where the reality is its generated by a bunch of kids who know more about a PlayStation than how an engine actually runs)
You are probably right about some of the tuners. GAD gave me the graphs for the work they did on our car and the driveability was improved.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I've not driven one (and know nothing about it) but I think the 350cdi engine is pretty much the same engine but with a better probably higher pressure fuel system and further development on the engine management system to get a nicer to drive set of power characteristics?

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
I fitted a D6 to my ML a few years ago, took about an hour. Would have been quicker if Brabus took the trouble to identify the connectors......

It felt no different than before when I first drove it, but after a while it seemed to be generally quicker. Time for a couple of 0-60 runs.

Staggeringly, it was near-enough a second quicker, but to the "Butt-Dyno" it felt the same...

My conclusion was that a performance boost needs to be pretty substantial before you really feel it, about the increase you would expect when bolting a turbo onto a non-turbo engine.

So, I removed it and gave it back to my neighbour who was surprisingly happy to treat the sale as a loan.. If I'd spent the money on a remap, it would have been spent for good, but the Brabus box could always get you a few hundred quid on Ebay.

Probably because I was enjoying the extra performance (even though I couldn't feel it), my fuel consumption dropped by about 5%.

As the Yanks say "your mileage may vary"..

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've not driven one (and know nothing about it) but I think the 350cdi engine is pretty much the same engine but with a better probably higher pressure fuel system and further development on the engine management system to get a nicer to drive set of power characteristics?

And stupid air filters!!!!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I'd spent the money on a remap, it would have been spent for good, but the Brabus box could always get you a few hundred quid on Ebay.

But a ReMap is around 1/3 the cost

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
vs new price.... on ebay second-hand the brabus is quite a bit cheaper.

and if you don't like it can go back to std... and as was offered with full warranty by Merc, they shouldn't be pushing thing too far or make emissions too naughty

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
vs new price.... on ebay second-hand the brabus is quite a bit cheaper.

and if you don't like it can go back to std... and as was offered with full warranty by Merc, they shouldn't be pushing thing too far or make emissions too naughty
They do put a limit on the mileage in the warranty with the Brabus chip though

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I fitted a D6 to my ML a few years ago, took about an hour. Would have been quicker if Brabus took the trouble to identify the connectors......

the instructions get you there in the end, but it makes flat pack instructions look good. agree a label of what component it plugs into would be better than an odd reference number. It even says to bolt on the wrong side of the car

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom