Factory collection

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Ive just spoken to my MB main dealer and casualy bemoaned the demise of Factory collection. Not so he says! MB UK have stopped factory collection as there is a legal requirement for winter tyres in Germany between Sept and march . If you want to collect in the summer you can :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ive just spoken to my MB main dealer and casualy bemoaned the demise of Factory collection. Not so he says! MB UK have stopped factory collection as there is a legal requirement for winter tyres in Germany between Sept and march . If you want to collect in the summer you can :lol:

Thank you,,,, then what are you going to collect,,,,a nice CL;)

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
actually it's much more likely

that the dealer doesn't want to lash out on a set of summer and winter tyres and wheels for you, as they have to in Germany for their German customers.

When i bought my 202 , i asked the dealer to make a suitable adjustment to the price and not supply me with the steel wheels and winter tyres crowding the back seat. They point blank refused to, saying they were part of the car's kit, and they were obliged to supply me with them. They were in a nice big plasticwheel bag, so i took them and gave them to a german friend who also had a 202.

The retail cost of a set of Mercedes approved wheels and tyres would more than likely cover the cost of your trip.

You could probably get them to agree if you signed a waiver. UK motorists do not have to have winter tyres in Germany in winter. If you cause an accident, or are involved in one where winter tyres may have assisted, you will end up being found much more negligent than you would had you been wearing winter rubber. I'm pretty sure that Germans can get away with it as well.

It might be worth a sniff. I have driven in Germany several times in the so-called winter period on standard summer tyres. German roads are well-maintained and gritted. I had no trouble, and no German traffic cops gave me any grief .

http://www.blackcircles.com/news/2010/nov/german-winter-tyre-laws-explained

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom