EPC

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
I am still having problems with the engine stopping and the EPC coming up on the dash. I drove the car to Star Tec in Poole to diagnose the problem, but it took about 15 minutes stopping and starting before it settled down and drove normally, now they are checking it over, but cannot reproduce the fault, I am wondering if the fuel filter would at fault, it has not been change after 60,000 miles of driving, so it might be a bit clogged up, hopefully they might find what's causing the fault tomorrow.:(

OP
G

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
EPC fault

I am still having problems with the engine stopping and the EPC coming up on the dash. I drove the car to Star Tec in Poole to diagnose the problem, but it took about 15 minutes stopping and starting before it settled down and drove normally, now they are checking it over, but cannot reproduce the fault, I am wondering if the fuel filter would at fault, it has not been change after 60,000 miles of driving, so it might be a bit clogged up, hopefully they might find what's causing the fault tomorrow.:(

Star Tec in Poole could not replicate the fault, so it has either cured itself, or it will go off when i am halfway to work,at 5 in the morning, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
EPC faults are normally caused by Fuel rail pressures deviating from the set limits.

This is normally caused by:

• faulty injectors leaking off pressure
  • Pressure control valve
  • high pressure pump

Amongst other things. If your fuel pump hasn't been changed in 60,000 miles(!!) then this is most likely the issue, as fuel starvation would cause low fail pressure, however you really need to get it plugged into STAR and get the codes read, to ascertain the cause of the issue.

Camel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 CDI Elegance Nov 2001
I broke down on Tuesday with the EPC message. I have been advised it is the High Pressure Pump and have been quoted for the part alone, £290 plus VAT.

Can anyone advise if this is an OK price? It is not from Mercedes, I am assuming someone like Andrew Page. My car is a C270 CDI, 2001 model.

Camel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 CDI Elegance Nov 2001
Just rang Andrew Page, they quoted £385 + vat, then £125 refund if I give them the old one. So I guess my garage is making a bit out of me. How rude!

Sorry for the thread hijack OP! Hope your car is sorted.

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Hi Giuseppe
Hope that is has cured itself, but its always a mega worry when the fault seems to show up intermittently.
Hope alll works out well for you
Best regards
BAZZER1

OP
G

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
Star Tec does have a" Star machine", they cleared all the faults and tried to get the car to replicate the fault, no joy, so they gave up trying, I just hope it does'nt happen again when I am stuck in the middle of knoware.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom