SatNav problem

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
I am new to this forum and would appreciate your patience. My SatNav map is stuck and routes in one particular area of the city and does not fix on where I actually am. I have taken out the disc and sometimes it will say no disc and other times the map comes up showing the same area. I have bought a new map disc which upgraded the software, but nothing has changed, the same area is still being shown on the map. I have searched for an answer on the forum but have not found a suitable answer. I would be grateful if someone could answer and assist.
1: Why is the map still showing and guidance given even though I removed the disc?
2: What are the possible causes
3: Where would I find the fuse so that I could reset it?
4: Is it worth taking it to MB, or is it something I could rectify myself (e.g.antenna) even though I have no knowledge of there things?
2005 e class

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Miffy above, if the map shows somewhere completely different then the Antenna, its easier to buy one from Ebay and stick it under the dash over the instrument cluster, it must have the facra connector

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
Any reason why map is being displayed even though there is no disc in the drive?

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
I would guess your system is hard drive driven, although you would still need the disc inserted for it to operate.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It has probably stored the setting or it has frozen,,,you could take the fuses out for the Comand in case it has locked up as digital things can do, leave it 1o mins and pt it back, there may be more than 1 fuse

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
A 2005 E class wouldn't be hard disc based. Even the CD and DVD systems will buffer a large amount of data from the removable disc allowing guidance even when the disc is removed. Suggest you try a hard reset by pulling the fuses.

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
Thanks for all of your suggestions but where are the fuses for the command system? The DVD for navigation is in the boot

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You should have a fuse chart in the tool kit or folded up in one of the fuse boxes

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
I feel pulling the fuse may be the logical way to start in view of the symptoms. I shall investigate when I get back home tomorrow.

Rob law

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320
Sat Nav

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-ANTENN...#ht_1275wt_947

I had exactly the same problem on my sat nav with my CLS. keep showing me 50 miles away then just became stuck on the same location

Gary 272 a mbs forum member recommended i purchased a new antenna from ebay link above, cost me around 15 pound.

Pulled antenna lead out of back of command unit in boot and placed unit under back shelf and connected to unit.

Worked perfectly and was a cheap fix, MBS require a few hundred pounds to replace !!

Try link and good luck, Gary 272 should take the credit!

Rob law

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320
Sat Nav

GPS ANTENNA fakra satnav for Mercedes Command NTG 1, NTG 2, NTG 2.5

Just checked out my order and above is the description of the antenna unit I purchases, paid 15 pound via Amazon, as I did not have a paypal account for ebay!!

hope this is of use, 5 min fix and works!!

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
GPS ANTENNA fakra satnav for Mercedes Command NTG 1, NTG 2, NTG 2.5

Just checked out my order and above is the description of the antenna unit I purchases, paid 15 pound via Amazon, as I did not have a paypal account for ebay!!

hope this is of use, 5 min fix and works!!

Thanks, will try this solution
And I thank everyone for their quick response to my problem

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
Antenna arrived. I would really appreciate some instructions on how to replace. I have read that Malcolm have a guide, may I have a copy please?
email: emailrmcc@gmail dot com.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent the instructions to remove the comand, you just put the new antenna under the dash where there is no metal

OP
R

romac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 class 2005
I really appreciate your quick response Malcolm. Will attempt to install tomorrow. Thanks

barty

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 09 2.0
Hi guys,
I also have a problem with my AP 50 sat nav system, running in a C200 Kompressor saloon 09 petrol. Programmed in my destination this morning and pressed start .... waited a few minutes for it to upload from the DVD but it seemed to just hang. This has never happened before and when I tried to restart the process the sat nav locked up ... my DVD player says the sat nav disc is in the player but the sat nav screen is still stuck in the last settings page ? I'm due to change the car in April for an E350 sport and hope this is a simple fix rather than a costly one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just pull the fuses for it and wait ½ hour and replace, it should unlock and come to life

Adamteddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-280 Avantgarde 2005
Hi Malcolm,

Any chance you can send me those instructions too please?

I have an e-280 w211 and my Sat-nav thinks I'm permanently in Gloucester.

I'll buy an antenna off of ebay, loads on there.

Thanks.

lepopester@yahoo.co.uk

N

npuk

Removal instructions also on www.mercupgrades.com

GPS antenna only connects to the headunit if you have APS50. If you have Comand the GPS antenna connects to the nav processor in the boot.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom