W211 Front AMG Bumper issue!!

thefibreguy

Reaction score
Guys,

Got my W211 AMG Bumper a few weeks ago, to fit to my W211 E72, :rolleyes:,took it to the bodyshop yesterday to get it sprayed, prior to fitting. The eagle eyed spraying chappie noticed that the new bumper did not have the cut-outs for the headlight washers:shock:!!!!

Did not even think to check when I got it, the bumper is original Merc, & does have W211 stamped inside!!

Can either bin it, or one of you clever chaps can come up with a plan!

Regards.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Guys,

Got my W211 AMG Bumper a few weeks ago, to fit to my W211 E72, :rolleyes:,took it to the bodyshop yesterday to get it sprayed, prior to fitting. The eagle eyed spraying chappie noticed that the new bumper did not have the cut-outs for the headlight washers:shock:!!!!

Did not even think to check when I got it, the bumper is original Merc, & does have W211 stamped inside!!

Can either bin it, or one of you clever chaps can come up with a plan!

Regards.

Sell it.

Use it...but no washers.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A bit drastic to change the headlamps back to Halogen, for you would soon need another bumper as you would not see where you were going:(

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
Damn FB that sucks fella ! I feel for you, as there are so far & few between AMG jobbied w211s....

I must admit, mine is HIDs as standard & I assumed that ALL AMG kitted would have been !

Only way would be to "buy the flaps", then retrofit to the OEM bumper, BUT that WILL need painting...

else, just fit as it, your headlights will still work, and any MOT place I've used wouldn't even notice it ....

All you do it blank off the hoses to the bumper ( but again, it's a pain ).

Soz to hear it, as I'm sure your mota would look so pukka ! :cool:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
I think if you look on the inside of the bumper there should be a shape indent to that of a washer.

jib

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The washer covers are held with wire springs, if the moulding on the rear is there, a little channel each side, and the 2 pegs that the cover swings on, then OK you could cut them out

Benzworx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 55 amg
FB should have come to me and would have modded for you

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
As JB & Benworx, there should be a lined cut out on the underside, fairly easily modified..

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
must be a import bumper as xenons were standard on all W211 AMG`s!

i dont think cutting out will work as the covers are spring loaded and attached to the bumper.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

i dont think cutting out will work as the covers are spring loaded and attached to the bumper.

Thats what I think, it needs the pegs each side that the cover swings on

OP
T

thefibreguy

Reaction score

I really want this bumper to work. I have options:

1. Fit without washers.

2. Let Clive at Benxworx loose on it with his chainsaw, polyfilla, & paper mache.:shock:

3. Fit static, nipple type, universal washer jets.

I think I will try option 2, as i feel "its better to have tried, & failed, then never tried at all"

Regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I really want this bumper to work. I have options:

1. Fit without washers.

2. Let Clive at Benxworx loose on it with his chainsaw, polyfilla, & paper mache.:shock:

3. Fit static, nipple type, universal washer jets.

I think I will try option 2, as i feel "its better to have tried, & failed, then never tried at all"

Regards

without any lugs /post for the door to swing open on,,, this is done by the washer jets coming out and pushing the doors open it will be a very delicate operation

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
its a right botch job you are planning, but it is your car. I would find another bumper and sell the one you have.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
sell it and go back in search for the one you need, better to get some money back on it than loose everything on a hack job, (No offence intended BenzWorx, I'm sure you would do great work).

fast28

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55-conversion (R129) & CL63 AMG (W216)
A good bodyshop with a skilled craftsman would be able to either plastic weld or use special 2-pack epoxy to 'graft' in the washer jet apertures from a damaged bumper from ebay or a breakers. In this day and age it is possible to repair/modify plastic panels the same as metal panels, even easier! The top section of standard Mercedes bumpers are normally the same as their AMG counterparts. Polyurethane bumpers cannot be welded so it is necessary to use the epoxy to bond them, it's super strong stuff and flexes with the plastic. There are even special flexible fillers to use on bumpers so any modification can easily be blended in.:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A good bodyshop with a skilled craftsman would be able to either plastic weld or use special 2-pack epoxy to 'graft' in the washer jet apertures from a damaged bumper from ebay or a breakers. In this day and age it is possible to repair/modify plastic panels the same as metal panels, even easier! The top section of standard Mercedes bumpers are normally the same as their AMG counterparts. Polyurethane bumpers cannot be welded so it is necessary to use the epoxy to bond them, it's super strong stuff and flexes with the plastic. There are even special flexible fillers to use on bumpers so any modification can easily be blended in.:)

Having had the pleasure of replacing washer jet covers it would take a very clever man to fabricate the 2 pegs that the covers swing on, plus you have less the 1mm clearance all round the aperture

fast28

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55-conversion (R129) & CL63 AMG (W216)
If you had a donor bumper with all that you require to transfer the washer assemblies then nothing needs to be fabricated from scratch except plastic welding/bonding, surfacing and paint required. It can be time consuming work and the costs involved need to be compared to the price of an AMG bumper with washer jets - if one can be found!

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you had a donor bumper with all that you require to transfer the washer assemblies then nothing needs to be fabricated from scratch except plastic welding/bonding, surfacing and paint required. It can be time consuming work and the costs involved need to be compared to the price of an AMG bumper with washer jets - if one can be found!

so trash a donor bumper to use the flaps, surely the labour\skill involved will not be worth it! if you get the flap in the wrong place then your screwed.

hell of alot easier getting a new bumper!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom