Flat battery ?.CLS

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Hi, beginning to think this car is jinxed. Not been a good story so far.!.

Just got a call from my wife...........the car wont start. Shes parked at Lakeside.Picked her up and brought her home.

now I'm pretty sure its a flat battery as shes been using it for the past two weeks for nothing but commuting to work and popping round the shops/daughters/mates etc.Had to get in the car by using the manual key and then the alarm goes off very weakly............am I probably right about the battery?. Will call the RAC out (again) to try and get it up and running in a couple of hours time when they are not so busy.If it is the battery will they need access to anything other than under the bonnet?, where is the battery?.Hope you can help.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Battery in the boot Pete under the trims, good night for forum members breaking down!!!!!!!

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for quick response Cole....heres hoping the key operates the boot.

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the worse happens and the blade key doesnt operate the lock is there access to anything under the bonnet that would allow sufficient charge to be given so the boot could be openned by the button inside the car?.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Yes, main feed to the front SAM, but, best bet is the main feed on the starter if someone wants to jack it up and slide under there....

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks again Cole.Its nice to be armed with some info for when the RAC finally arrive.You never know who will turn up and what they know.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What! :shock: No jump start posts under the bonnet? :shock:

Some cars have them again, but for years many did not have any real jumping point, the S class and the CL now have a real one, the 230 does not

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do not forget on the 219.3 they have 2 batteries, with a battery problem the consumers off message should have come up with many things turned off, when the batteries are low you will find the idle is higher than normal.

You must always disconnect the main one before the aux.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Do not forget on the 219.3 they have 2 batteries, with a battery problem the consumers off message should have come up with many things turned off, when the batteries are low you will find the idle is higher than normal.

You must always disconnect the main one before the aux.

I know where my battery is (I read the ****ing manual ;)) ...... bu66ered if I know how it comes out though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
That comment was a bit uncalled for I am sure Malcolm as always was trying to help you in the best possible way

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Im sure it was only mean in the RTFM type way, and not in a malicious way towards Malc's post. :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know where my battery is (I read the ****ing manual ;)) ...... bu66ered if I know how it comes out though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your car is not a 219,it was for peter

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
That comment was a bit uncalled for I am sure Malcolm as always was trying to help you in the best possible way

Woah! It was a tongue in cheek comment re my car ...... not Malcolm help to the OP. ;);)

Sorry for the confusion! :Oops::Oops:

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
I'm sure it was not meant in a bad way as Malcolm is always very helpful to all Forum Members

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom