Sea Foam engine treatment

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Hi Folks

Been surfing the net and come across an engine cleaner treatment called Sea Foam.

Looks good, and there seems to be quite a few people showing it on U tube so I was wondering what forum members think of this American product

Look forward to your views

Richard

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I like that you have been surfing on sea foam, but what is it please

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Thanks a lot Benzman53, that's the stuff and from the other utube clips it seems to be okay.

Will give it a try I think

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
While this subject can be very touchy for most people, my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find.
landlord attorneys in nyc
I do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though

???????????

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
???????????

That was spam,,,,,, I love it when the mods say they are onto these things so quick, this guy has done 5 post and its not been picked up, I have blown the whistle to them to wake up

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Back on subject again, I've ordered some today and should get it by the end of the week so we'll see how it works, hopefully next weekend

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
That was spam,,,,,, I love it when the mods say they are onto these things so quick, this guy has done 5 post and its not been picked up, I have blown the whistle to them to wake up

Well done...have a gold star.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Back on subject again, I've ordered some today and should get it by the end of the week so we'll see how it works, hopefully next weekend

Where did you order it from...I might try it too?
Edit: Just ordered some. I'll report back too.

Last edited:

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Must be truly miraculous stuff:
"1 can in the car's fuel tank will protect for 2 years . . " :rolleyes:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I'll let you know.

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Me to, mine arrived today, but as I was out at 10 am and I have to wait 20 hours :( before going to the sorting office to collect it.

The sorting office closes for collecting packages etc at 1 pm :confused: yet there are people there till at least 7 pm so what's that all about :mad: it's no wonder the Royal Mail is going (has gone) down the tube

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
nice chevy smoke machine he has there ( or had ! )

numbnut comes to mind ! :D

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Had a spare hour today so gave it a try. Mixed feelings about the results.

Wasn't sure exactly where to disconnect vacuum to trickle the Sea Foam in so just put it in the main tank and in the oil. Did get a bit of black smoke for about less than a minute then it was back to no smoke at all.

Tried to look on the EPC site to follow the vacuum system to see where to disconnect, but not very helpfull, so will have to wait 'till I see my Mercs Indy one day next week.

Going on a run to Blackpool Illuminations on Sunday, which is about a 140 mile round trip, so it will be interesting to see if the mpg has improved any.

Will keep you informed :idea:

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Very cold night last night, but car started fine this morning, with lots of nice black smoke :D coming out of the exhaust. This lasted for about 2 - 3 minutes and then everthing was back to normal.

Took a quick ten mile round trip and everything working aok, and seemed to be more responsive, but as we all know whenever we do something to our cars they always :shock: feel better :Oops:

Anyway I'll report back after the Blackpool trip with the economy figures, 'cos I think that is going to be the determining factor as to whether or not the Sea Foam was a good buy or not

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Went to Blackpool, but I don't think my mpg figures are going to be much help 'cos started the run along the front at Cleveleys (North to South) and followed throught the 6 or 7 miles to Star Gate (Lythem end). IT TOOK 2 and a Half hours, move a few feet etc all the way along, so as I say I don't think the figures would be a true reflection of mpg, BUT I will top up, probably tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

I must admit the car was responsive on the drive there and back and idled okay during the slow crawl along the front.

I really think that after all these years and experience of the illuminations the local authority should work out a better method of traffic flow. I know that they did try a one way system at one time, without much success, but in my opinion the only way to do it is no access to the seafront during the illuminations except on at one end and off the other.

There is no reason for local traffic to go along the seafront to get anywhere as there are plenty of routes to go anywhere other than the seafront all the way along from Fleetwood to Lytham St. Annes. I was brought up just outside Blackpool (Gt.Carleton) so I do know the area

Okay rant over, will report back with figures when available

OP
R

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
As I suspected, 2 and a half hours of basically idling the engine made my mpg go down (that is worse than usual), but I will keep monitoring it and update the thread when I have something measurable, i.e. a decent mileage inbetween topping the tank up

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom