c220 diesel batterydrian me again found fault ?

D

dave thomas

hi garage say they have found fault causing battery drain,heater blower motor was clicking?the engineer said the motor is not fused protected so he has to remove the feed to the motor,if it is the first motor he can remove the plug on the motor ,if it is the other motor it means a complete dash board removal?is there a fuse ,the motor should be fuse protected? regards dave.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is a fuse for it and the regulator that has failed can be replaced, its easy on a C class

OP
D

dave thomas

television member

thanks for your advice where is the fuse what number fuse and where is the regulator?regards dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If this is an 208 I can send you the instructions to get to the regulator, I do not know the fuse number off hand, as there were so many changes.

There should be a fuse chart in the tool kit

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
This is strange? i presume its a 203. The only clicking behind the dash is the stipple motors and they dont usually cause a drain. I think he may be barking up the wrong tree as they say

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is strange? i presume its a 203. The only clicking behind the dash is the stipple motors and they dont usually cause a drain. I think he may be barking up the wrong tree as they say

I was not sure and saw the clk in his title

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I was not sure and saw the clk in his title

By 'he' I was not referring to you Malcolm. I was referring to the tech who is about to remove the dash on the op's vehicle and charge £££'s to not cure the battery drain!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
By 'he' I was not referring to you Malcolm. I was referring to the tech who is about to remove the dash on the op's vehicle and charge £££'s to not cure the battery drain!!!

Thanks all clear now :D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom