window wiper removal on SLK

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Hi,

I am trying to replace the alarm siren on my slk and its located under the Scuttle. To get this off i need to take off ther wiper arms. I have removed the bolt but the wiper refuses to budge am i missing something, as i have pulled very hard on them and dont want to cause any damage by trying harder.

Thanks

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi,

I am trying to replace the alarm siren on my slk and its located under the Scuttle. To get this off i need to take off ther wiper arms. I have removed the bolt but the wiper refuses to budge am i missing something, as i have pulled very hard on them and dont want to cause any damage by trying harder.

Thanks

You need a puller ;) clicky ;)

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
You need a puller ;) clicky ;)

Yes thanks for that i rang up local mercedes in Leicester and they lent me one so they are off now but the supplied me with wrong siren so in limbo now until they come back to me tommorow.

It looks like its the siren that is causing alarm problems as now ive disconected it the alarm lights dont contiually flash so fingers crossed.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom