Alarm Siren Updated

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Can someone tell me if the siren with a code 203 820 38 26 which is the code of my original is still available or has been replaced by A219 820 32 26 which is the one MB have supplied me.

The reason i ask is the new one is totally different from original and does not fit, as original is bracket mounted and this one just has a bolt at the back and if i mount it it is proud of the air intake shuttle. I could make a bracket but i do not want to fit and it does not work and they refuse to take back because i have fitted it and £85 down the drain.

I have attached a photo

Thanks

Attachments

• siren.JPG
    siren.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 154

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Looks to me you need to remove the bracket from the old one and mount it on the new one, using that centre bolt?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Looks to me you need to remove the bracket from the old one and mount it on the new one, using that centre bolt?

+1 ;)

Just replaced my Vauxhall's, it looks similar and was mounted to the original's support bracket.

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG

Yes i thought of that but did not want to fit until sure i knew for sure its the correct replacement. its half the size and weight but i supose thats just technolgy and things get smaller. I had some time in the morning i supose il just have to wait for them to ring me tomz and confirm.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cannot pick up on either of those numbers :(

I looked under 170466

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
It is the right one. Use the bracket, but you will need a tool to fit the tamperproof torx bolt. The new unit is supposedly better at keeping water out, but will give you bleeps on locking and unlocking unless you change the country code with star machine.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
EPC shows A2198203226 as correct and current for the SLK32 AMG (170466)

Interestingly the original part number shows only for the non AMG variants.

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
It is the right one. Use the bracket, but you will need a tool to fit the tamperproof torx bolt. The new unit is supposedly better at keeping water out, but will give you bleeps on locking and unlocking unless you change the country code with star machine.

Thanks for that i have just finished fitting it and it works fine along with the locking and unlocking beeps.

Another job done

Thanks for all replys and help

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
It is the right one. Use the bracket, but you will need a tool to fit the tamperproof torx bolt.

Actually you just use a standard spanner to remove tha bracket and then with a pair of pliers to prevent the tamperproof bolt from turning you just twist the alarm body to undo it!

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Actually you just use a standard spanner to remove tha bracket and then with a pair of pliers to prevent the tamperproof bolt from turning you just twist the alarm body to undo it!

Yes thats what i did

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom