Is it just me ????????????

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
It never ceases to amaze me at how many young people (especially teenagers) step out in front of me when I'm driving. They're so engrossed listening to music, all other senses seem to be turned off, including common sense. I even modified our V8 to help them hear me coming, its obviously NOT loud enough :)

Todays victim was my own step-daughter, completely oblivious until I was almost touching her with the bumper and then let lose with the horns. She jumped high enough that I saw daylight beneath her trainers. I hope this was a wake up call for her or she will end up being another statistic :(

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
It never ceases to amaze me at how many young people (especially teenagers) step out in front of me when I'm driving. They're so engrossed listening to music, all other senses seem to be turned off, including common sense. I even modified our V8 to help them hear me coming, its obviously NOT loud enough :)

Todays victim was my own step-daughter, completely oblivious until I was almost touching her with the bumper and then let lose with the horns. She jumped high enough that I saw daylight beneath her trainers. I hope this was a wake up call for her or she will end up being another statistic :(

Generally its arrogance. They expect YOU to stop while they saunter across the road in their own little world. I do try to get as close to them as possible .... obviously without hitting them ;). Accelerating enough that they hear you coming usually has the effect of making them get a move on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
A youngster crossed in front of me today...just came from behind a skip....he looked and jumped when he was in the middle of the road. If I'd been closer there would have been nowhere to go.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I have experienced the same round here. I confronted the group of 15-16 year olds only to be told I would go to prison if I ran them over! I countered by telling them once I get out I'll come round and push their wheelchair for them!!

Pratts

Last edited:
OP
richardN2O

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
I was glad that Vivienne witnessed as a passenger, but she was the first to wind the window down to point out her daughters error :)

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
I once pipped the horn at two small children who ran straight out in front of me. all I got in responce was two fingers and a hail of abuse !! :shock:

It seems it was my fault that I had almost knocked them down !!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I once pipped the horn at two small children who ran straight out in front of me. all I got in response was two fingers and a hail of abuse !! :shock:

It seems it was my fault that I had almost knocked them down !!

You mustn't have been close enough when you blasted the horn ....... they wouldn't have had time for the two fingers otherwise! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Last year having just turned into our cul de sac a neighbours 4 year old ran out from behind their Passat, it was close.
Being aware of the kids and half expecting similar I was doing 15mph and glad I was. At 20 I would have hit and defending myself would have been a nightmare.

Mummy and Daddy still let them (he and friend) cycle around freely, with the 1 or 2 other drivers who come in and out of here at speed 'it' won't be a surprise. Just a split second to change the radio station, splat.

sjanisz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/06/1600
The thing I seem to come accross a lot around the Mansfield area is mothers pushing prams / pushchairs totally engrossed texting.
Knowing my luck if I pipped the horn she'd drop her phone and try to sue me !

SJ

RichardCC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300TD 1998
Yes it seems if you're under 50 you have to have your I phone glued to your ear or finger, tappety, tappety, tap and completely oblivious :mad: to anyone or anything else.

It gets right up my :shock: nose

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I suppose most of us have experienced, I also cannot understand why they have to walk along with plugs in ears, or phone stuck to their ear or texting all the time.

Where I live it is a double whammy because in town elderly people just cross the road without looking and do it only yards from a pedestrian crossing....amazes me. Or sometimes they look at you coming down the road and when your fairly near to them they decide to cross the road so you have to brake.....nuts. They are as bad as the youngsters. You have to have eyes in the back of your head.

S

sfc501

not just teenagers...
I drive often in the west end of London, people just walk out in front of you all the time, then they give you the evils for not stopping quick enough for them...

maska

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
The thing I seem to come accross a lot around the Mansfield area is mothers pushing prams / pushchairs totally engrossed texting.
Knowing my luck if I pipped the horn she'd drop her phone and try to sue me !

SJ

These Stupid Women; Use There Pushchairs, Like a Blind man uses a White Cane !!::confused:

Last edited:

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
Watch an electric vehicle drive down the road, people haven't a clue and I can't say I blame them....they should all have the ice-cream van jingle fitted to them when they start to move off.

3146bj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 B180CDI, 2008 Golf Pacific, 2013 VW Tiguan 103TDI
All this just supports Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection.

w44nty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDI 2002,C180 Kompressor
Just think of the plus side

In 50 years time our old people homes will be filled with people covered in tatoos,texting each other and playing video games

spock500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD, 1998

In 50 years time our old people homes will be filled with people covered in tatoos,texting each other and playing video games

That's assuming they make it that far :cool:

maska

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class

In 50 years time our old people homes will be filled with people covered in tatoos,texting each other and playing video games[/Q

What Do You Mean 50 years time !! Have you Looked In Any Of Those Places Recently ! :smile::roll::wink:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom