Any one in Northern Ireland can take a broken glow plug out

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
anyone in Northern Ireland can take a broken glow plug out

I think you mean can anyone in Northern Ireland take a broken glow plug out, I would try Willie McGaffin, if you have the head off, Jack Ballance from near Glenavy can do wonderful things in engineering, I presume the head is still on, if so Jack might still be your man.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I think you mean can anyone in Northern Ireland take a broken glow plug out, I would try Willie McGaffin, if you have the head off, Jack Ballance from near Glenavy can do wonderful things in engineering, I presume the head is still on, if so Jack might still be your man.

Thanks head still on ,, could you give me contact number for them..
Even send by private message if you wish.

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
anyone in northern ireland can remove a broken glow plug

willie can be got on 07860927842

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
willie can be got on 07860927842

Thanks it appears that the advice is let it be as the other 5 are working.
Contacted Willie and that's there advice too .
Would have liked it fixed though as now I am frightened to try to take any out in case I break 1 then I would be down to 4 working. :(

Last edited:

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
anyone in northern ireland can remove a broken glow plug

I know exactly how you feel, funny Willie gave me similar advice when I mentioned that the temperature was settling down around 60c 'If the heater is going leave the thermostat alone',I however took the advice from forum members, notably Malcolm, and have a warmer car, better mpg and I know the thing is right, so I have peace of mind.
You could give Jack a call, last time I saw him he had a Merc and possibly has had the very same issue as you have.I don't have his number but it will be in the book, he is on the Lisburn Road out of Glenavy and what he doesn't know about engineering isn't worth knowing.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
I know exactly how you feel, funny Willie gave me similar advice when I mentioned that the temperature was settling down around 60c 'If the heater is going leave the thermostat alone',I however took the advice from forum members, notably Malcolm, and have a warmer car, better mpg and I know the thing is right, so I have peace of mind.
You could give Jack a call, last time I saw him he had a Merc and possibly has had the very same issue as you have.I don't have his number but it will be in the book, he is on the Lisburn Road out of Glenavy and what he doesn't know about engineering isn't worth knowing.

Fair dues Malcolm's seldom wrong he has been great to me .. Along with other very good members.
This forum has saved me Many pounds and sleepless nights...

Rockall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many
Any one in n.ireland take on the job of removing a broken glowplug from a s124 e300d 1995 model.........
Good evening

Well there are two ways of looking at your problem.

One - if your car is a run around and something that you may change within the near future then I would leave it and leave well enough alone

If, you intend to keep the car for a while - and a diesel 124 has to be one of THE cars to keep - then I would suggest getting it removed by whatever means is required.
If that eventually entails drilling and using helicoils or some othermake so be it. It is a small price to pay to keep a fantastic piece of engineering in tip top shape.

Regards

Bill

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom