Transmission Oil E240 W210 2000

Eagle000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/W203/2001 kompressor
Hello,

I have a 2000 MB E240 Classic W210, Auto Transmission' Is it recomended to Add Transmission Oil through the Level Stick? if not how should it be done. and 1 other question is it true that if there is Extra oil in the gearbox it would be forced out through a certain hole? the gear box\transmission is working good its just that sometimes it feels like it shifts with a bump, u can feel it inside the car, also when I drive in a certain speen and i suddenly slow down it does it again its like gear was stuck and was released. any advice?
Please help :)

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
The oil is added by the dipstick filler tube yes. You would need to ensure the oil was at the correct level by either buying a measuring stick from mb, or following Malcolm's instructions by using a length of curtain wire and marking it in the appropriate places

If there is far too much oil in the tranny it can be forced out of the breather on the top of the transmission housing. This can also blow oil seals

I would look at carrying out a transmission oil and filter service if you have no record of it being done

OP
E

Eagle000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The oil is added by the dipstick filler tube yes. You would need to ensure the oil was at the correct level by either buying a measuring stick from mb, or following Malcolm's instructions by using a length of curtain wire and marking it in the appropriate places

If there is far too much oil in the tranny it can be forced out of the breather on the top of the transmission housing. This can also blow oil seals

I would look at carrying out a transmission oil and filter service if you have no record of it being done

Hi there,

Can you tell me where can I find Malcolm's instructions on this subject?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cannot find it :D all you need is a length of curtain wire on thick strimmer cord about 1½ m long,,, get the engine up to 80c and move the gear shift through all the ranges a few times the put in N and check the level and the fluid should be 7cm up the test wire/cord

OP
E

Eagle000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cannot find it :D all you need is a length of curtain wire on thick strimmer cord about 1½ m long,,, get the engine up to 80c and move the gear shift through all the ranges a few times the put in N and check the level and the fluid should be 7cm up the test wire/cord

I will Give that a try... Thanks alot -------one last thing... Should I stop the car when checking or leave engine runnig?

Last edited:
Top Bottom