Lloyds-TSB

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Anyone have any experience with lloyds-tsb car insurance.
It's the cheapest quote I'm getting on-line at £90 ceaper than my Privilege renewal.

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
They currently insure my Chrysler. Can't tell you whether it's any good - I haven't had to claim.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
I think you have to remember that the vast majority of reviews are from people that are unhappy with the service that they have received so the stats tend to be very biased. LTSB insure my SL500. By far the cheapest and they accepted my company car history as NCB without question.

The documentation and cover level was good and although I haven't claimed regarding the SL, I have had previous cars with them and they have always been professional and responsive.

Simon

OP
A

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Yes I saw that, thats why I'm asking. I know you can't make a judgement based on a handfull of internet reviews as we all know the vast majority only put finger to keyboard when they have a grievence.

Did the comparison sites and worringly the dozen or so lowest priced quotes are not from traditional car insurance names. With the exception of Swinton they are names such as Lloyds, M&S Bank, Post Office etc.

The "normal" names are at best around my renewal, with many rising sharply beyond that.

OP
A

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Simon, you posted whist I was typing!

Thanks thats just the input I'm looking for!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yes the internet reviews would be better if they had a right of reply from the Insurers, but the expense of dedicating staff to do it properly is a good reason not to get involved.
Maybe you should just note the number of complaints relative to the companies size for a rough idea.

OP
A

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Probably right.

On the face of it Lloyds-TSB is huge but is it them running it or a faceless insurance broker?

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
I don't see how posts on a forum with a sample of a few is much better than any online reviews. I'm sure all are sometimes excellent and sometimes terrible!

At the end of the day there is no real way of assessing quality, and they all as a minimum must comply with the law and are answerable to the ombudsman if they messup or try to be unreasonable.

On that basis, coupled with the fact you in all likelihood won't have to claim, go with Lloyds TSB if they are cheapest and give you the level of cover you want.

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Probably right.

On the face of it Lloyds-TSB is huge but is it them running it or a faceless insurance broker?

LloydsTSB Insurance is part of the Lloyds Banking group, but the business is administered by BISL.

BISL arrange policies, underwritten by a variety of sources, for other companies - such as Lloyds - to rebrand and sell under their own name.

BISL is in turn part of the BGL Group, a financial services company which also incidentally set up Comparethemarket.com - so is responsible for raising the profile of Meerkats in the public consciousness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
There you go then.......simples.

OP
A

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LloydsTSB Insurance is part of the Lloyds Banking group, but the business is administered by BISL.

BISL arrange policies, underwritten by a variety of sources, for other companies - such as Lloyds - to rebrand and sell under their own name.

BISL is in turn part of the BGL Group, a financial services company which also incidentally set up Comparethemarket.com - so is responsible for raising the profile of Meerkats in the public consciousness. :rolleyes:

Ahh, that answers a question.

All the companies at the top of the list such as lloyds, M&S and Post office, when you click to go through and buy you are taken to identical websites where the names and colour schemes are the only difference. But clicking on say Admiral and it's Admirals proper website that pops up.

So BISL are running the show from it's own compare the meerkat website!

So presumeably whichever company you buy your "cheap car insurance" (best meerkat accent) from you will be dealing with the same people??

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom