the wine and ebay 124 CE 24v

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
Well, it is now passed the MOT - £20 anti roll bar mounting bracket and a bit of exhaust welding (will replace in due course if it behaves).

Insurance - added it to the classic policy the SL500 is on, which runs out in 5 weeks. Got ripped off for that - £10 for 5 weeks, I ask you......

Did the insurance yesterday, went to tax it on line this morning - and can't as it isn't recorded as insured on their database yet...Rats!

Need it on the road to take it for a longish run to see what the problem with running really is. It is a bit of a pain at cold. Starts fine but hesitant to idle and can stall when put into D. But when warm (well 3 miles worth of warm) seems to be fine. According to seller, it was pretty much undriveable so more investigation needed.

And doing things in the complete wrong order, now have 2 replacement front wings for it so getting carried away.

But it looks great sitting there.

SL500 still waiting to get the ETA back from the US - all ready but hurricane sandy has interrupted the postal service. Rats again.

And was looking at 2000/2001 CL500s today. I need help.... :D

Need to change my name from Lanciaman methinks..

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
all good to read:D....but laking in the picture dept!;)

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, good point. Will do some at the weekend. Want the whole car or the rusty parts!!

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cruel! Well, I'll do the full lot.

As I think I said before, this car fills me with more enthusiasm than many I have had. Probably down to the £340 paid for it! I am really going to have to struggle to stop going silly with it or the spend on this would bring back the SL to mint - not that it is far off.

Possibly down to running a Fiat Ulysse diesel on a daily basis! :(

sbryantgb

Reaction score
Website
ironrobot.co.uk
Your Mercedes
1989 230CE, 1995 E320C
Cruel! Well, I'll do the full lot.

As I think I said before, this car fills me with more enthusiasm than many I have had. Probably down to the £340 paid for it! I am really going to have to struggle to stop going silly with it or the spend on this would bring back the SL to mint - not that it is far off.

Possibly down to running a Fiat Ulysse diesel on a daily basis! :(

:) I know what you mean. I paid £350 for my 89 ce. Then another £3500 getting it to where I wanted it to be. Then I went and bought a 95 just so i could do it all over again.

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup. I can see me doing that....

Is there a clinic or therapay group we can join???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
:) I know what you mean. I paid £350 for my 89 ce. Then another £3500 getting it to where I wanted it to be. Then I went and bought a 95 just so i could do it all over again.

You certainly have gone to town on yours:D,,,I would love to get stuck into some project but Lilian hates seeing the car in pieces :(:(

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
You certainly have gone to town on yours:D,,,I would love to get stuck into some project but Lilian hates seeing the car in pieces :(:(

Great!!!! nearly everytime she see me i am pulling your cars apart!!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Great!!!! nearly everytime she see me i am pulling your cars apart!!!!!

But she goes and sits in your car, and puts the sun shields on so she cannot see whats going on;):D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom